Update 12th August, 2021

This is absolutely heartbreaking. I cannot believe this. What a tragic loss. Sharon had such a fighting spirit. I’m sure she fought hard to the end.

24 Likes

Totally gutted to hear this. I had no idea until receiving a message from Nadia just now. Sharon was one of life’s gems and will be sadly missed by everyone. The work she did during my time was phenomenal - understated and utterly reliable. But more than that, a joy to be around in the office.

A huge loss :cry:

37 Likes

Devastating to hear. So much more than a colleague over the years. Rest in peace Sharon x

34 Likes

Absolutely shocking stuff - Sharon sounded like an absolute legend. Thoughts go out to Marc and Masha, and all the MaidSafe crew who got to know Sharon over the years.

23 Likes

So sorry to hear about Sharon. My condolences for her friends and family.

22 Likes

Concolences from me as well. we shall all be united in death one day but for Sharon this came too soon. A silver lining that Marsha will live and understand how her mom helped make this world a better place.

27 Likes

Very sad news, condolences to the family and Maidsafe team.

24 Likes

Words can’t even begin to describe the horror. My condolences to the team and not to forget Sharon’s friends and family.

Marsha may not grow up knowing her mother directly, but she sure will live in a better world because of her efforts.

You will not be forgotten Sharon and if it’s up to me your name will be set in stone in the genesis message on the network you worked your life for.

26 Likes

Such sad news. RIP Sharon

21 Likes

Awful news. Life can be tragic and very, very unfair sometimes. It’s always the good ones. Glad to hear David and Jim say MaidSafe will be looking out for little Marsha and her dad. That’s something at least. RIP Sharon.

23 Likes

Very sad news indeed, my thoughts are with the family at this trying time.

21 Likes

I’ll second that…

20 Likes

Heartbreaking news about Sharon – RIP

20 Likes

Very saddened to hear about Sharon. I know she was a beloved and instrumental part of the team who very clearly brought a lot of joy into the world. Heartened to see that her loved ones have inherited such a devoted extended family. My condolences to all.

26 Likes

My heart felt condolences to all of Sharon’s loved ones. Marsha shall know the stories of their mother who contributed to making the world better for them and the next generations. Tragic news to read as I say goodbye to another relative in my own life today :sob:

26 Likes

My deepest feelings go out to Marc and Marsha. I am so saddened for their loss, especially at a time when she had just brought new life into this world. I simply cannot imagine or pretend to imagine… I am encouraged by Maidsafe being noble enough to offer such emotional support and beyond to Sharon’s family. She and her family so clearly deserve that.

34 Likes

My condolences to everybody who knew Sharon, may she rest in peace and the world learn what great woman she was. We will miss you!

20 Likes

She lived working to give the world a digital revolution of security, freedom and privacy. She died bringing her daughter into the world. In either case she had hope for the future. That we can’t lose.

19 Likes

All of my thoughts and love are being sent to Marsha and Marc, along with everyone else who loved Sharon. She was a complete pleasure to work with and made my time at MaidSafe something I will never forget!!

29 Likes

For Sharon, all of MaidSafe, and to this community:

The sadness of loss, coupled with a fiery re-dedication to seeing the task complete. It is humbling to be associated in any way with this team.

And thanks so much for the clarifying update.

23 Likes