Update 03 February, 2022

Second happy days :slight_smile: now to read!

16 Likes

Nice update! Thank you.

16 Likes

Thanks all. Moving forward nicely.

13 Likes

Great update team. I like the detailed progress report layout and to-do’s. Gives a nice overview of where things are at and what’s to come. Welcome Andrew!

17 Likes

Thanks for the update and welcome to Andrew. Looks like Heather hit the ground running, I hope Andrew can too and then we can get best value out of @dirvine and @JimCollinson

Looking forward to testing some of this new code as soon as that is practicable. THanks as always to the entire team for their hard work and dedication.

14 Likes

Very helpful update thanks for gathering all that info and setting it out succinctly.

Welcome Andrew and good luck, it’s great to see the team growing again and Heather already contributing.

It feels like the year is already off to a good start, and great that we’ve got regular testnets to play with - from all sides! Thank you @Josh and @folaht, plus those making scripts and offering help, coming from the community giving more people confidence to jump in and try things out. It’s all inspiring and helped me find time to get vdash working again, to help anyone see what’s going on when running a node.

Here we go :ant:

21 Likes

Nice update for the non tech savvy like myself. Good luck Andrew and good to see you back to what you guys do best @dirvine and @JimCollinson

14 Likes

Not sure if this is new format for every new weekly update, but I like it. Thank you and keep going what you do.

17 Likes

Thanks so much to the entire Maidsafe team for all of your hard work! :racehorse:

15 Likes

Love the ‘progress’ and ‘todo’ elements. Really gives a clear picture. Great work team!

17 Likes

Nice update! I also like the format, clear and understandable for someone like me ;).

Not posting very often but thanks to the entire team!

14 Likes

I like this update format. We should do one of these every month!

11 Likes

I prefer them weekly TBH

7 Likes

I haven’t been following updates in code for a long time and I was surprised to see that file container version isn’t a number anymore but a kind of hash instead. What’s the reason for this?

Note that safe cat commands in this document still output numbered versions, which is not consistent with the new version scheme.

5 Likes

Apologies for the inconsitencies in the documentation. A full update is a work in progress.

Possibly someone like @bochaco would be best placed to explain the new versioning system. I’ll include an explanation in the documentation at some point.

14 Likes

Thx @danda & @maidsafe Team. You are working so hard!

11 Likes

As versions (tips of tree) can basically fork then versions make less sense. If we go from
1-2
1-2a
1-2b
etc. then in a concurrent system, it won’t work as 2b does not necessarily know 2a happened or is happening. So using hashes takes away the requirement to synchronise version numbers and allows us to have concurrent updates.

15 Likes

Thanks David. What I was unsure about is what the hash is based on. Is it the content?

8 Likes

Correct, hash of the content.

9 Likes

I can feel the Maidsafe’s fire! I can feel it!

11 Likes