Unofficial vote for SAFE: vs .safenet

I think this goes beyond the members that donated, it’s about every potential user actually :slight_smile:

They are free but I want to hear the others as well, both pro safe: and .safenet. I’m not interested in who can shout the hardest or type the most posts about their opinion, I’m interested in everybody’s opinion and feedback on this :slight_smile:

Then I, as someone who donated would like to have more discussion! :smiley:

I agree let the discussion continue, but at some point we should vote.

At some point yes, everybody agrees on that. But not until we know all the pros and cons about the subject.

thats just because noone has thought of .safe yet! on to the next poll! :purple_heart:

No one has been shouting or pushing opinions. This should be debated. Some got a bit amped up when it seemed the proposal had been changed after most of the money had been donated but it seems no final decision has been made thankfully!

I personally think it’s a bad move, but not a make or break decision. If good reasons are made for using .safenet and the majority feel it is the best way to move forward then I can accept that.

2 Likes

It does not mater what you put after the .

There needs to be a clear distinction between HTTP and SAFE

2 Likes

I was just teasing… besides, IF we went for the dot, we should make it a short one.

1 Like

And it’s not like it’s just been you and I against .safenet,

It’s many many people giving excellent points against it! Cretz, you, Me, seneca, frabrunelle, Clarky, etc etc etc (the guy with the awesome blue ant geometric logo etc) and the vast majority (at least 85% voted for safe: over .safernet).

This isn’t an isolated group of people by any means, @Melvin

2 Likes

I just want more discussion instead of one side pushing their sometimes unfounfed opinion through our throats. I’ve seen a topic with @joshuef in which he explained you were wrong about the need for plugin/.pac etc. How can we have a voting if there are important points you, me and maybe others don’t fully understand.

But this wasn’t necessarily directed to you btw :slight_smile: Thanks for answering me though! We never seem to agree :see_no_evil:

But this small point doesn’t have anything to do with all the points that everyone gave in support for safe:

…like, are you not seeing what everyone’s been saying here all day? :stuck_out_tongue: ?

I’m trying to tell you all the way that I’m not against the points people are giving pro safe: but the way it is/was being done :slight_smile: I at least need(ed) more education. Who knows, maybe I’ve been pro safe: all along :smile:

2 Likes

Unless you guys can vote up a complete working codebase, I feel that the decision is still ultimately in the hands of the developer.

That being said, it seems that we have an intelligent dev here at least:

2 Likes