Trust Level 2 (Member) Requirements

Our settings for trust level 2 (member) are different compared to the default Discourse settings. See this blog post for more information on trust levels.

You can get to trust level 2 by…

• visiting at least 30 days, not sequentially
  • casting at least 2 like
  • receiving at least 2 like
  • replying to at least 10 different topics
  • entering at least 90 topics
  • reading at least 480 posts
  • spend a total of 240 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 2 can

• Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
  • Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
  • Daily like limit increased by 1.5 ×
29 Likes

Trust Level basic user :cry:

3 Likes

Just saw that I haven’t replied on enough topics to be qualified for trust level 2… Guess I’ll have to fix that somehow :joy: I’ve been following the project for some time though - just haven’t replied that much.

7 Likes

Maybe they’ll give level 2’s automatic access while others will have to submit requests for access.

I have no inside knowledge of what exactly is going to happen and only offer it as a possible scenario.

1 Like

Guess you’ll just have to hang with the coolest crowd on the internet more @s3r610 :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Here’s one you can reply to :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Also a basic user :frowning:

2 Likes

You can get to trust level 2 by…

• visiting at least 30 days, not sequentially  :+1:

• casting at least 2 like  :+1:

• receiving at least 2 like  :+1:

• replying to at least 10 different topics :-1: 

•  entering at least  50  topics  :-1:

• reading at least 200 posts                         :+1:

• spend a total of 120 minutes reading posts :+1:

9 Likes

Bam you’re in! (20 characters)

2 Likes

If you read further about the advantages you get when earning trust level 2, you may end up changing your mind. I think the requirements work great in order to prevent spam in the forum. I would much more prefer this community over one such as /r/ethtrader. In order to get there, you need this kind of protection to prevent trolls from posting spam / non-sense.

1 Like

Mine says that I am “member” under my trust level? What the frick does that mean?

It looks like “Member” is the name for Level 2

(source: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels)

2 Likes

Is there one place you can go to find out which of the requirements for Level 2 have not been met?

I don’t think there is, not totally sure on that though. All I know is that I signed up on this forum about a year ago and a few weeks ago I randomly went up a level after doing one post. I do however read most of what’s put up here even when I don’t have the foggiest about the techy stuff

1 Like

Are you sure you’re at Level 2? Doesn’t the green “1” above the pink “V” indicate Level 1?

The green 1 is you’ve got private mail.

Err to be honest no I’m not sure I am a level 2 but I got up rated to “member” a couple weeks back which apparently is level 2 someone just said

The green 1 is above my pink V in upper-right corner but I have no mail.

1 Like

If you’re logged out - or looking at other users, you’ll see trust level declared in the user summary…
eg Profile - Matt - Safe Network Forum suggests
```Trust Level member``

1 Like