Trust Level 1 (Basic User) Requirements

This is a bit of a joke to be honest. I have been reading basically all posts (even ones that have no use to me) and its stuck on 1hr read time?

I am just trying to get involved with the testnet but I cant even get Trust Level to change!

1 Like

Maybe you have not always been logged in while reading?

I have been mate. I really dont know whats going on.

You are trust level 1 now

Hi, newbie here…I received my ‘badge’ which I’ve read is considered to be Trust Level 1.

I’ve opened ‘Safe Browser’ but it says I need an ‘Invite Token’.

Are they randomly generated?

I seem to be stuck in a loop on how to obtain one. I came across Maidsafe today based on investment news from Identillect and wanted to see how this platform works but it has used up a chunk of my day to figure out. Yes, this is likely being perceived as a vent but it just seems like a barrier to entry having to run through all of these hoops which I have done and still do not have an invitation token.

1 Like

Welcome. You are level one now. Sometimes there is a delay.

Edit - it’s best to start with the latest browser 0.9.0 from here Releases · maidsafe/sn_browser · GitHub - download the correct one for your OS (not the one saying ‘mock’) - unzip and run from the resulting folder. Ask here if you get stuck.

Thank you!

I was able to authenticate on ‘Safe Browser’.

The answers are probably posted somewhere but each time I enter a URL in ‘Safe Browser’ the URL opens in Chrome?!??

If I click on any of these links in ‘Safe Browser’ they open in Chrome:

Here are few example applications to start with.
You can join the discussion on the Community forum
If you’d like to contribute to the code or have found any issues, you can find us on GitHub

Are you opening http:// websites? You need to browse to safe:// specific sites. Try this one safe://safeprimer and let me know how you get on.

1 Like

Thank you again! Yes, that worked!

1 Like

That’s good! Again - any questions just ask.

1 Like

same. cant find my t-level in my profile. so im just pouring over every link on this domain until im ‘maid’. huh huh

Where will it say “Trust Level 1” when I achieve that level?

In your profile, when it says “basic user” that’s trust level 1.

1 Like

How to check trust level 1 or how to get Invitation Token?

STATS
1 day visited
1h read time
44 topics viewed
352 posts read
0 given
0 topics created
0 posts created
0 received

but i still have message

ALPHA 2
Only users with trust level 1 or above can get an invite

1 Like

It is most likely this

1 Like

I think this trust scheme is really good. Not only is it rewarding, but enables a sense of basic foreknowledge before entering the big wide world (Go SAFE team - Tim Berners Lee supports SAFE via Twitter) of the SAFE (testnet) network. :star_struck:

3 Likes

I want the token that asks me to be able to use the SAFE browser

Read this topic fully and you will be a fair way through the process of getting level 1.

entering topics is simply reading the opening post of the topic.

1 Like

I want the token that asks me to be able to use the SAFE browser

Yes you said that.

Please read some of the forum and find out that you first need to attain level 1 which I am sure is mentioned in this topic which I asked you to read

Then you can go to https://invite.maidsafe.net/ and get a token, but only after attaining level 1 in the forum.

2 Likes