Trust Level 1 (Basic User) Requirements

When you get the basic badge you know that you’ve earned the basic trust level (trust level 1). You can see what badges you have from your profile.

How do I see my profile?
Clicking on your avatar/profile picture on the upper right of the screen does this. Here’s mine:

So I can see my profile what about the badges?
Well, in your profile you’ll see some menu/tab options. The one labelled “Badges” is where you want to be clicking. If you don’t see the Badges option this suggests that you have yet to achieve Basic / Level 1.
Here’s mine:

Where can I see what badges are available?
I’m glad you asked. To see what lovely badges you can earn visit here:

Safe Network Forum

Badges? We don’t need no stinking badges!
Yes. Yes you do.

David.

6 Likes

I suggest you put most of that in the OP as that’s what n00bs will see. Excellent @DGeddes, you are doing a great job IMO.

2 Likes

Thanks @happybeing!

I really appreciate you saying that - my smoke and mirrors technique has yet to be found out I see :grin:.

@neo has already “taken care of business” and included my guff at the top (I didn’t want to step on any toes)!

For Rob: Bachman Turner Overdrive-Taking care of business - YouTube

David.

2 Likes

Now thats one I haven’t listened to for such a long time. Big hit back in the seventies.

But you ain’t seen nothing yet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7miRCLeFSJo

1 Like

It shows the following message:
Core error: Unexpected: Could not connect to the SAFE Network
What should I do? It isn’t a development version

Hello,

You have to get Trust Level 1: see the posts above.
I see e.g. that you still have to read for 51 minutes on the forum to get Trust Level 1.

1 Like

what does it look like when i reach trust level 1?

Read the opening post of this topic or read a few posts above

2 Likes

I realize that over months of visiting and reading, I probably should have logged in to have it registered. I had not looked closely and thought there was some kind of technical bar to meet (turns out, not too technical). I need 22 more topics and almost 100 more posts (must have been that many replies in this thread). Any chance the admins could spot me the balance to grant level 1? Maybe making a post(s), such as this could count in lieu of reading some posts/topics. (?) Regardless, there is a clear path.

I have the read-time covered.

You are already Level 1 (aka ‘basic’)

MaidSafe Dev Update - September 21, 2017 - Alpha 2 is useful.

OK. It’s informative

I find this very strange. I am invited to download the browser for a test run on your homepage, only to find out that I can not test it unless I go through the hassle as described here. The only thing that might be stranger is that nobody complains about that. Why are you offering it on the homepage instead of just announcing that participation in the forum will eventually give you the oppertunity to test it. And what is the use of forum participation if you don’t know what people are talking about or you are not able to share experience.

1 Like

Well every offer one accepts has some form of conditions, some a lot more than others. So not so strange that Maidsafe wants to do this. Its a minor inconvenience to spend an hour reading about the network you are going to participate in testing. Makes a lot of sense really.

Also the purpose is that because this alpha does not have spam protection that we require (tiny really) time to make auto spamming very difficult.

Where did you origninally download the browser from @Roelf_Renkema? maidsafe.net, safenetwork.tech, github?

The problem is that they are not level 1 yet

Yes, but it would be good to have mention of that requirement on the site IMO. There is a video on safenetwork.tech which mentions it, but only if you watch it of course

4 Likes

I’m new to this network. Thanks for asking the questions I need to ask. I want to get to the first level so I can understand MS potentials. I really like the fact that there is no third party intermediary controlling the access and content? How can we see how many nodes are currently hosting the network? I’d also like to understand the minimum requirements and rewards for “farming?”

Hi - It’s currently in Alpha 2 testing stage. Minimum requirements for farming have not yet been specified, but they should not be too demanding - a laptop or even (perhaps) a smartphone and some reliable bandwidth. Remains to be seen though. Safe Network

2 Likes

Hello fellow safearians, i do not have the “Badges” Tab mentioned in this post/picture. Is it only visible once you aquired a badge or should it be visible anyways?

Unrelated to that, what happens to “stale” data in the network. Can you set meta information on data that allows data to be deleted after the data has not been accessed a certain amount of time?