Traveling to London

I’ll be visiting London, UK 10-16 February. I won’t be sitting on the forum all the time, but do drop me a DM if you want to try to meet up.

4 Likes

If your leaving on the 16th I might see you in Heathrow as I’ll be there most the day waiting on a flight to Istanbul

3 Likes

You dont fly via AMS? Always found GLA-AMS-IST the best way to get my Turkish Delight in a hurry. And I never had to wait longer than 2hrs at Schipol.

I’m flying from Helsinki to London via Oslo tomorrow morning. I really should try to get some sleep now. On the way back it’s non-stop Lindon (Stansted)-Helsinki.

2 Likes

Company books it so it is what it is

2 Likes

Get some sleep then and enjoy your trip. Under no circumstances eat the jellied eels.
Stick to pasta kebabs and curry and you should be OK with “English” food.

At least you are on dry land, son#1 is stuck on his rig for the next couple of days as wind speed and wave height mean the choppers cant fly. And if they do fly, they cant ditch safely.

Brixton rules OK! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brixton is pretty cool, Camden and Portobello Rd. Need to check them all out, I have lived in all three!

3 Likes

Happy cake day! You are a bit of a traveler too, aren’t you. I think I’m actually staying in Westminster, but I’m pretty lost, being here for the first time ever. I just had to visit Brixton because of that song. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Take time to walk if you can - in the day along the river. Maybe from Parliament to the Embankment, cross the river and along the South Bank further east to Tate Modern and maybe back North across the foot bridge to St Paul’s. At night to Leicester Square and Soho for the vibe and restaurants. Lots more of course but those are two of my favourite areas. The centre is all very safe.

The best thing about London is that it isn’t monolithic, it’s different everywhere. Great for (free) museums and galleries too. Trafalgar Square for the National Gallery, so many great works there.

London is a great city to explore the centre on foot.

3 Likes