Translations for equal opportunities

I´ve translated the video into Swedish.

Just one question. I have translated “The SAFE Network” into the Swedish word for network, “SAFE-nätverket”. I am not certain if I should keep the name SAFE Network, or translate it (the abbreviation unchanged of course). I prefer to translate as many words as possible when it comes to technical vocabulary, even though the English vocabulary is often used by professionals.

What are your take on this?

3 Likes

I think it depends how you usually say network in swedish, I translated ‘network’ to ‘red’ for spanish. thus ‘red SAFE’.

I’d stick to network, after all, swedes speak the best english :smile:
j/k

I translated everything that didn’t sound stupid, so for instance I translated “providers” to “Anbieter”, but didn’t translate “cloud” - that would just be ridiculous in german. And I think I translated network, too.

I translated the video to French using Youtube. How long will the review take?

3 Likes

What do you mean? you cannot approve it, is that what you mean? if so, that’s done by @nicklambert.

Launcher has a discussion for internationalization which I’m currently working into a pull request. Would love to hear from anyone who has experience with electron and i18n.

1 Like

French translation just published. Many thanks @euggio!

5 Likes

Swedish translation also published, many thanks @Aster!

6 Likes

Thought I’d share this from the ShadowCash Project:

Transifex Core Translations

Another way to help out is to sign up on Transifex and help translating our GUI.
We’ve used this platform for translating our website, it’s really easy
to use and doesn’t take that much time. Every contribution counts. It is often forgotten that a major part of the world can not read or write English.
That’s why we need you to help us out. We want to make privacy
accessible for everyone, supporting multiple languages is the corner
stone of making that happen.

Those that need privacy the most, are often not native English speakers.

2 Likes