Transfering ownership of domain

I am highly against the current DNS system that maidsafe has implemented. We should really re-examine it again. Once it goes live, it will be really hard to move over to a different dns system once the snowball is already rolling.

I, 110 percent support the pet-naming system. It’s exactly like phone contact system. Everybody gets a mini-dns on their own book, or they can take somebody’s else mini-dns system. The mini-dns can be posted, shared, and reviewed. It acts like a whitelist.

No it is not. It is absurd to squat names as well as it is absurd to squat “branding” names. It’s nonsense. These type of system encourages squatting. Words are free to use, and free to express. To limit the words, and expressing words is to limit freedom of choice, and freedom of press. It’s exactly what @Blindsite2k said in another thread, you build a camp fire but you don’t own the fire. If somebody else builds a fire, you didn’t do it, nor own it! It is a fire itself that nobody owns but everybody can create. It is a language barrier and to create authoritative system to limit people from creating things.

I think passwords can be changed once SD is implemented. We store passwords inside of SD, which is mutable less than 100kb.

If password is lost, there is a solution to that but I won’t post it. It is my friend’s idea, and he does not want to post it to the world. Confidentiality.

4 Likes