Trace Mayer podcast, Bitcoin, Geo-politics, sings Maidsafe's praises

I came across this podcast today, mainly concerning Bitcoin tech and how it can can address the geo-political games that disrupt the economy. He evangelises about Maidsafe around 19.30 mins (briefly) - just skip to here if you only want to hear his prediction of a 5X increase in value from today…
I found this extremely informative and easy on the ear - its not as dry as it sounds…honest.

http://podcast.runtogold.com/podcast/BTCK-122-2014-12-31.mp3

5 Likes

5x? If safe net functions as designed, I suspect the value will increase by much more than that.

Bitcoin is worth over 200x maidsafecoin currently. I have little doubt that Bitcoin market cap will be surpassed if safe net operates as hoped.

Edit: ofc, that is by market cap and there will be more coins farmed though.

3 Likes

Yet another commentator confused about the underlying SAFE tech…‘Blockchain blindness

so that’s another example how the bitcoin ledger can be utilized by other applications and so Bitcoins killer app is out already

At least he recognizes Triple entry accounting as being the mechanism that prevents double spends. This is the world changing stuff…100% accountability if manadated for business and government, just keep it away from personal ID systems.

Triple entry accounting is an enhancement to the traditional double entry system in which all accounting entries involving outside parties are cryptographically sealed by a third entry.

These include purchases of inventory and supplies, sales, tax and utility payments and other expenses. Placed side by side, the bookkeeping entries of both parties to a given transaction are congruent.

A seller books a debit to account for cash received, while a buyer books a credit for cash spent in the same transaction, but in separate sets of accounting records.

This is where the blockchain comes in: rather than these entries occurring separately in independent sets of books, they occur in the form of a transfer between wallet addresses in the same distributed, public ledger, creating an interlocking system of enduring accounting records.

Since the entries are distributed and cryptographically sealed, falsifying them in a credible way or destroying them to conceal activity is practically impossible.

1 Like

Yes to all of that that!!!

1 Like