Top 8 Reasons to Invest in Maidsafe Shares

@Jimmy_HUGUET This covers my opinion about whether Maidsafe or Safenet. I had edited it, maybe that’s why.

Not avoiding your point, but I see a contradiction here.

/edit: Also I would like to say that I think the 1% might aswell go to the Charity (=the Safenet), but another decision was made and I’m fine with it for the above reason.

1 Like

If we are talking about the 1% license fees (only applicable for devs/companies not using the APIs and not opting for GPLv3 license) then that would come to MaidSafe. The link with the Foundation is that it owns 41% of MaidSafe, so any returns/dividends flow into the charity.

1 Like

yes, sorry, I realized after the first post that it was not what mattered to me.

I’m still a bit confuse, I feel like maidsafe is going to have an advantage : they will be able to develop app that are not GPLv3 without any consequences, while other company won’t.

1 Like

The same rules apply to MaidSafe I assume, so this would mean that they would have to pay 1% of the revenue to themselves. I agree that is weird, but as Nick mentioned 41% of the company is owned by the MaidSafe foundation charity. This woud mean that 0,41% would end up with the charity.

I’m also curious why you think that MaidSafe should not receive this 1%? We’re talking about a company that has been developing this network for over 10 years. Keep in mind that if Google, Amazon, Apple, etc would have created this network they would have asked for at least ten, twenty time this amount.

In the end MaidSafe is a ‘for profit’ company and their employees have families to feed as well. Also from what I gathered (correct me if I’m wrong) a lot of the early capital has been supplied as a loan by friends and family of David. When this Network becomes a reality they deserve to see some returns on that if you ask me.

It’s certainly OK to have a different opinion about this, but I think if you look at current marketplaces for apps this 1% fee is something that developers/companies would gladly pay. Right now I think they are paying a much heftier fee for hosting their apps in the Play Store, Appstore, etc.

3 Likes

The reason is that MAIDSAFE own the s/w patents and/or libraries they created. So the licence fee is to them. Its all opensourced as well.

The SAFE network is using MAIDSAFE’s patents/libraries to operate for FREE

The SAFE network is owned by all.

3 Likes

Ah, OK.

Would you mind outlining which fees go to the foundation and which go directly to maidsafe, please? Eg farming reward cut, etc.

I thought the maidsafe foundation owned and license the patents to the maidsafe company?

I definitively think we could do with a summary of who owns what and who gets what between maidsafe the foundation and the company.

Could you help us out with this too @nicklambert or link us to resource already describing this, please?

2 Likes

You will find that Nick answered this in a round about way.

Then

1 Like

Sure, Paul.

The MS Foundation owns the patents, and licenses them royalty free and in perpetuity to MaidSafe, the company. So we don’t pay to use the patents. It can be quite confusing, but the relationship between the Foundation and MaidSafe is quite simple, they are really just our largest shareholder. All revenues come to MaidSafe and the MS Foundation benefits as any shareholder would. I hope that clears things up.

9 Likes

you can also contribute without receiving equity, which is the legitimate way to particiate if you are not an accrediated/high net worth individual per the US rules.

Rather save money and buy-in on the coin itself, holding coins also can be a sort of supporting

Thanks, Nick! Somehow I had it in my head that it was more complicated than that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if we have 5 days left, people will start flocking to invest their MAID into BNK, because they will see how close it is to the minimum? I might even look into that, and I really need to stop lending my MAID out to people lmao (so I really don’t want to right now… but I might be forced to).

I actually think that the price of MAID went down because people was already selling them to invest in BNK

3 Likes

I am not investing at all, not in Maid and not in any enterprise at all. I am now retired and I have all the money I need for the rest of my life and a little bit more for my children to … A lot of cash might be stupid, trusting the banks even stupider but its me :slight_smile:
I am sometimes playing around a little bit, trying Bitcoins just to learn and found out that the Japanese mafia took it all. In Sweden we have a guarantee from the state that small people as me always will have some back, even if the bank goes bankrupt, therefore I trust my savings so far. In the core I trust nobody, not even myself :slight_smile: You now a good looking lady can always… :slight_smile:
Well, I am retired from a lifelong enterprise in computing, I have had my small startups with mixed success and failures and it has been so fun, I don’t regret a minute of it and the MaidSafe vision is just so cool… It might be the future of Internet which are moving to cloud computing in a pace as the “light of speed”…
Vaults is the key, and of coarse the benefit to host vaults, but when everybody on the planet is moving from the desktop to the freedom with phones and pads. My suggestion is to discard the mobile equipments, and focus on the large amount of people with a home and some experience and with a good fiber to the home, and experience with Linux and… just joking :slight_smile:
When, not if, Maid… gives me the opportunity to start up my small but efficient vault, I will be on it… not so much for the money but for the vision and for the fast pace to the “cloud”…

6 Likes

umm ok thanks for the support? not sure

Even if the vision is good, you don’t know the outcome… I keep my values close even if I am the first to invite you to dinner. I am also very careful when I invest, but I will always give you all my best and I am the first to pay…

the more I hear the more confused I get but thanks for the post!

Skeptic, if something is to good… you know. I don’t invest and I don’t trust, ok :slight_smile: But MaidSafe vision is just so cool so I will be the next first on the train… :slight_smile: Cloud computing is just now taking over the world! Google, Microsoft… Oracle, all are chasing the same ball… just now. And MaidSafe are giving an alternative in the world of open source and enlightenment!

2 Likes

Fuck that! The only thing I could think of that could be worse than not investing in something that ends up big, is investing in it with no return.

I love the Maidsafe project, but I’m not an idiot.

3 Likes