Top 8 Reasons to Invest in Maidsafe Shares

If those were actual requirements the minimum would be significantly higher than £1000.

3 Likes

U.S ‘Accredited Investor’*
Sorry for the typo…
Well you can technically acquire the shares for the moment, but from reading the terms of condition it does seem like BnkToTheFuture does reserve the right to ‘revoke’ your shares, not sure if revoke is the best where to describe it, but yeah…
I personally, did acquire my shares, but after some time BnkToTheFuture asked me to complete a survey to confirm I was a U.S ‘Accredited Investor’ and restricted some of the functions to the website until I completed the survey.

1 Like

Are you a U.S resident?

@k_ang No, I live in Europe.

Yeah this only applies if you are a U.S resident, unfortunately
everyone else is free to invest without worry :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I understand it, it’s just lip service to bureaucracy. In order to take your money for their SPVs BttF need to tell the financial authorities/regulators that it comes from self-certified, sophisticated investors of high net worth. In other words, not from everyday muggles who need lots of extra protection and regulation to stop them doing something stupid. Self-certifying ‘classes’ of investors is obviously a joke on every level. It’s such a ridiculous idea, the only good thing about it is that is isn’t properly regulated or enforceable so it’s meaningless - unless you like to drive between the lines ofc then maybe it could put you off investing ;).

6 Likes

Wow I wish I knew this beforehand…

Interesting, I didn’t know that. N1 David, makes me feel better about it… not that it would ever have stopped me :wink:

You’re not Steve Ballmer, are you? :wink:

The easy route is just to use the rest API that comes with the launcher. No need to worry about licensing at all then.

2 Likes

Biggest investment problem atm is that the price is going down and people dont wanna sell their precious safecoins for such small amount

This may go for longtime supporters, but I don’t think this is an issue for most investors that are already on Bank to the Future.

1 Like

Eventually i think most long time investors may choose bnktothefuture instead of the coin. I would love to get a nice amount of $ every year. But short term it wont be really profitable i guess.

But selling my coins for this price would be also not very smart it just dropped from 23k to 13,5k. That means about 40%. So i see every money i convert to Fiat now (what your basicly doing) as a instand lose.

At around 18k i would think about selling half my maid to invest into equity not anything below this. I wonder if more think like this ?

I do. Not half of it but enough to increase by 50%. Unfortunately, I don’t see that happening.

See it from the sunny side i can buy more cheap safecoins now

*Just stacked up another 20k, just i need to learn not to be to greedy and addicted.

4 Likes

Something I don’t understand:

Why would anyone has to pay maidsafe 1% (or any other amount) ??

The safenetwork is suppose to be owned by no one. Maidsafe never mentionned that they were planning on having a special treatment.

Or is it 1% fee to the safenetwork ?
Is maidsafe owner of the safenetwork ?

I have nothing against paying fee for applications or anything else, but I think the fee should be owned by the network, and redistributed by the network to the miner and the app devs.

/edit: Regarding the question why 1% to Maidsafe and not Safenet.
It makes sense to me. Maidsafe spent lots of time and money to develop this open platform. So if someone else wants to use this open technology in a proprietary way, why should they be allowed to do so without any repercussions whatsoever? After all, they are not improving or supporting the Safenet that way. And Maidsafe will get something back for 10 years of development.

Now, as soon as they use the APIs alone and/or license their software under gpl, they won’t have to pay anything, because they will in one way or another improve the network. Sounds fair to me.

It’s a bit like the patents they made. Sure you can be all altruistic, work your @ss off for free and give everything away. But I don’t think this would really help the safenet, because we live in a world where companies and individuals will take whatever they like and turn it into a vacuum cleaner of money and data, without giving back. That kind of behaviour hurts more overall, in my opinion.

5 Likes

except Maidsafe got funded through donations.

I agree that company that don’t contribute to the network should pay something, but why would it be maidsafe that receive anything ? I still think the network should be the one to reveive it to be redistributed in some way, not Maidsafe

I don’t think they did, actually. It’s a company that people have invested in. It’s a business. They won’t be mad at you for donating, but it’s not like they were asking for it to fund themselves.

/edit: They asked, for example, to support community development with donations, like the Safe Beaker browser. But that won’t be their browser, it’s gonna be everyones.

3 Likes

How they got funded is not that relevant…

You seem to avoid my other point which is that the network should get this money, not maidsafe

IIRC, it is the Maidsafe Foundation charity that gets the fees, then decides where it goes next. Currently, Maidsafe (the company) is the preferred provider and will be funded by the foundation until alternatives present themselves.

@nicklambert - could you confirm the above is correct, please?

3 Likes