Top 8 Reasons to Invest in Maidsafe Shares

No, but we already covered that sir, you don’t have to do any of it.

MaidSafe’s CEO himself just told you that specifically, in writing, several times

1 Like

I’m just thinking out loud here but…wouldn’t it be possible to embed the mechanism to charge 1% licensing in the mechanism by which the app gets safecoin rewards when it’s being used? I’m not sure how you can differentiate app usage from app income though…

I think they’re choosing to not do that, so they don’t take away from the little guy

3 Likes

I PM’ed whiteoutmashups since I was confused on #8, and figure I will contribute his response publicly:

"It’s fine you can ask on it, maybe other people have that question too.

"[Consulting] means helping customers or even giant businesses (over Skype, slack, anything. Can be super easy) get up and running with merging with SAFE, and getting paid huge amounts for it.

"It’s a huge part of the tech world and super easy and highly profitable. Many companies that consult with Microsoft or other large tech firms make millions just from these conversations / guidance.

“Bring the ones who actually made SAFE from the ground up, MaidSafe would have this option for the rest of their lives”

made SAFE.

4 Likes

Yeah I was thinking of that too.

It’s perfect: The company that madeSAFE

2 Likes

I was actually quite interested in investing, but apparently you need to be making well over $100,000 a year in order to even use that bnktothefuture platform, which really sucks.

No you don’t! All you need to do is qualify as a “sophisticated Investor”! And that can be basically everyone.

Give it another try!

1 Like

How? As soon as I log in it asks me to select one of the checkboxes to be an “accredited-investor”:

I think most people just chose the first one

1 Like

Isn’t that an issue, legally speaking? It seems like those options are there because of something involving taxes, as far as I can tell.

I can’t see your pics, they don’t seem to load.
Unfortunately I can’t remember how it worked for me, but I think I had to answer some questions of some sort, but I don’t think I ever stated that I had 100k income. I wish :wink:

Seems like it might be a US thing, specifically, from reading the fine print. :confused:

Oh? Or maybe I didn’t care back then. Who knows… I don’t :slight_smile:

Yeah sorry, can’t help. I wouldn’t mind too much about it, but obviously that’s your perogative.

Edit: Now I can see them. I cant remember it like that though. No clue, sorry

1 Like

It may be a US thing, but the platform seems perhaps out of date, as the FCA now say you can be a self-certified unsophisticated investor, as long as you only invest up to 10% of your investments in unlisted shares.

3 Likes

Many people from US have already invested. And the self certifying thing is just to cover their butts, YOU are the one certifying yourself (wink wink). Do what you have to do @marmalade. It’s also possible you have to create a new account if the platform won’t let you recertify

1 Like

Yep - I’m pretty sure that’s “a US thing” too.

1 Like

You must be an ‘accredited investor’:

1. you must make $250,000+ a year
  2. net worth must be $1,000,000+
  3. joint net worth must exceed $300,000

if you don’t meet these requirements there really is no point in trying to acquire shares…you can donate to the pitch tho

3 Likes

You just have to say you do, I don’t think anyone will hold you to those standards or revoke your shares. I could be wrong but I guess a donation we’ll spent

4 Likes

I don’t meet those requirements and I qualified as an “accredited investor” by filling out their questionnaire.

4 Likes