Tipping vs earning for content creation (bitcoin cash example)

I have interest in micro pay per bytes for media and something similar for a web blog say where the reader spends close to the average read time and you get paid as they work their way down the page, again micro payments.
Based off from a subscription model most likely so one is opting in to supporting what they consume whether they like, don’t, agree or disagree.
This would be less fraught with abuse than standard PtP I’m sure. I also think this should function at a deeper network level so it is for everyone.

As long as the subscription and therefore payment is tied to the data then I think it could provide the necessary incentive for content to spread more easily through a sharing economy.

I imagine this scenario.

• an artist uploads content (their SAFE ID/wallet is tied to this data)
  • a subscribed fan can nest that data (their SAFE ID/wallet is tied to the data the artists file is nested in) and earn too if someone subscribes to them and consumes the artists content.
  • the content is consumed and shared more

I could see this creating a viral sharing economy full of human content curation (higher quality and more relatable content to consume).

I want unverified artists (anyone) on JAMS to be able to take advantage of this and for content curators to build a following curating the content. As people consume content through curators (or if directly subscribed to the artist) the artist gets paid, if they subscribe and consume future content through that same curator then the curator AND the artist both get paid. As this grows it means artists can get paid from all across the network without the direct need for a platform. This is real, high quality, digital distribution imo.

I’m not sure about anyone else but I always loved discovering a new band and being the first in my group of friends to share it with them. I think that is a pretty common occurrence with a common feeling. Now imagine that but getting a bit of money for it. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes