Things That Would Not Have Happened On Safe

Oops!

7 Likes

DNS hack like this (phishing) could actually happen on Safe, as long as MaidSafe and Safe Network keep their presence on clearnet.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve been ctrl-F-ing this thread for “millions”, and made a quick sum of hacked credentials numbers :
since the creation of the thread back in may 2019, we are now at about 3.459 millions reported accounts credential compromised in clearnet - that is 3.4 BILLIONS in 2 years, or about 4.8 millions per day :dark_sunglasses:

4 Likes

The change is not in the court ordered, but allowing warrantless access by police and Commissioner. In Australia Commissioners are very high level in the chains and already have powers to direct companies in areas falling under their commission. But normally the company has the right to refuse and then court action is needed.

This seems to be a way for them to bypass the need for warrants. Often though they can only do it under certain circumstances. For example the crime being investigated is above a certain level.

In the USA the Feds already have direct access (by law) to facebook records (and most others) without even asking the company.

2 Likes
1 Like

Hi @feinberg !
I am not sure that this would not happen on safe. From what I read in the article, the postal service are not monitoring private messages, but public posts. Anyone could very well run an operation to monitor public posts on safe by people who are not obfuscating their identity, and use that information for whatever their purpose.
What is weird is that the postal service is doing the harvesting, and not an intelligence administration - but that would be the same on safe.

2 Likes

I recommend reading Snowden’s book “Permanent record”. This stuff is usually done by “contractors”, not officially by an intelligence agency.

3 Likes

yaawwwnnnn… your weekly facebook millions emails leak again. It is becoming boring

3 Likes

Facebook deletes group COVID19 VACCINE VICTIMS AND FAMILIES with about 120k members

5 Likes

Governments should not be able to take down anime, or anything for that matter, because of a bloody religious bias. I really gotta wonder how India feels about Russia ditching Japanese anime based on their prejudice against reincarnation. Like that’s one hell of an international statement right there.

4 Likes

Biden declares emergency after hackers shut down major US pipeline

2 Likes
2 Likes

SolarWinds breach exposes hybrid multicloud security weaknesses | VentureBeat

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Den_2042/status/1396781604438220801

4 Likes