Things That Would Not Have Happened On Safe

They go like:

We’ve not found any cases so far in our investigations where someone was looking intentionally for passwords, nor have we found signs of misuse of this data

That’s a bit like saying “we’ve had this telescope pointed at your bedroom window for years but no worries, we have no evidence anybody took pictures of you.”

7 Likes

I met some Facebook employees in one of my trips a couple of years ago, they were working in some of Facebook’s offices in the US, and they were making jokes pretending to be cool saying they could look at user’s private info, until a few of us in that chat raised it to them that was not really cool at all, so they changed their speech saying “…well, you may need some supervisor’s approval before being able to do so, but yeah…we can…”

16 Likes

download%20(1)

Maybe already here but articles 11 and 13 wouldnt have come to a tragic vote.

1 Like

I would hope this wouldn’t happen on Safe Network!

1 Like

With a good backup (on the Safe Network), Data Recovery companies could have less work:
$2,000,000 Clean Room! - DriveSavers Data Recovery Tour

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

This trend is worrying.
Stallman’s worst nightmare is coming true.

7 Likes

Just added in a bit about how all Firefox addons have been disabled for anyone not running a dev build of Firefox. I also added as a fix a link to a whitepaper for the peer to peer public key infrastructure.

2 Likes

Where abouts did you add the info. My firefox in the last 10 minutes disabled my addons

1 Like

Under centralized DNS/Certification or something to that effect.
Oh, you assume I had a fix for that particular issue? That is not something I added, I added it as what the SAFE network would do to deal with this type of problem.
Let me find you some workarounds!

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/bkhtv8/heres_whats_going_on_with_your_addons_being/

1 Like

Here is another

3 Likes

Big upsurge in Facebook bans this week. #NotOnSafeNetwork !! :wink:

3 Likes

Holy Crap:

3 Likes

Time to save a spare of our repos on notabug, until we can do it on Safe :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like