These Guys Are Creating A Whole New Internet Using Bitcoin (BusinessInsider.com)

Good article on Business Insider about Maidsafe “These Guys Are Creating A Whole New Internet Using Bitcoin And They Are Having Surprising Success”

Upvote:

3 Likes

All great and now we need the pods to get some notice on the community. Still too much with my name out there, this is way way bigger than a single person, we need to watch out here.

Early days yet, but a chap on twitter called us the 99% I kinda like that for many reasons.

3 Likes

I think we need to get some of our marketing gurus and get this to stick!

the 99% = MaidSafe

2 Likes

kind of the “Occupy” movement’s slogan though “We are the 99%”, also taken up by Anonymous along with"We are Legion", - we’re all part of the same general movement and zeitgeist though, so could tie it in somehow,

1 Like

Honestly, I’d stay away from the Occupy stuff. Being politically charged like that allows you to be pigeon-holed. Most people, in the US at least, think the Occupy movement was “cute.” And I live in a pretty hyper-liberal part of a hyper-liberal city.

MaidSafe shouldn’t be making political statements, although it can align itself with political concepts, but it should be ultimately making binary claims. Not philosophical ones.

I think we should move this to another thread, BUT, we should brainstorm the most consolidated form of what MaidSafe is. Elevator pitch kinda stuff. I understand what the potential is, and it’s hard to explain when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, but we should pinpoint exactly what feature most computer-users and non-technical users would find good about this product right out of the gate.

6 Likes