The Scottish Cyber Awards - MaidSafe in Finals, Best Cyber Breakthrough

Exciting stuff!! Good luck

52 Likes

Winning this award will be a testament to the good work. The team should use it to gain marketing mileage.

I still believe the key will be targeted interviews to unlock the lack of know how on the project.

What this project has to offer can redefine the Tech world. That is why it is key to make it successful.

3 Likes

I’m a big fan of the project, but isn’t this putting the cart a bit ahead of the horse, given the dev roadmap timeline?

Or can you win an award for what you’re building, rather than what you’ve built?

1 Like

That depends how you view the category I think Robb. We have made a number of technical breakthroughs (self encrypting data, autonomous network, self authentication…etc…) with the technology as it stands and I expect the judges are looking at that (we were asked to submit an application). If you think about this as purely ‘commercial break through’ or success then it would be too early. Business awards are strange things, they can be quite political so I’m not sure of our chances of winning, it is nice to be recognised and short listed though.

19 Likes

Best of luck Nick. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of accolades in the days to come!

4 Likes

In the finals :slight_smile: :man_dancing:

Im not convinced this is a change from the original post but its worth another hooray anyway!

https://www.scottishcyberawards.co.uk/finalists-announced/

19 Likes

tonight’s the night! anybody an idea if maidsafe won? i cannot seem to find any info yet…

5 Likes

Looks like Wallet Services beat MaidSafe to ‘best Cyber Breakthrough’ (https://twitter.com/peterkferry/status/933437099797286915).

Congratulations to wallet services. They seem like a great bunch of people. Making it easier for companies to implement blockchain tech is great & good business, but I don’t see how they managed to beat MaidSafe when it comes to best ‘cyber breakthrough’, as it seems far lower on the innovation scale!

7 Likes

Just like most other arguments against SAFE, it’s probably because it hasn’t officially launched or started to make its impact. There will always be reasonable doubt until it launches and vaults from home, NAT traversal are operational.

3 Likes

seriously. what could possibly be a bigger breakthrough???
ah well… maybe next year it will be MaidSafe. Fresh out of
beta and ready to shine :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Wallet services? :rofl: I assume they must have thought safe net was just storage rental… :wink:

4 Likes