The SAFE Social Network

Now that API docs is released.

I think we all should come together and work on conversational app. It will be a killer feature app that will bring everybody over to safe. Nobody wants to download multiple different apps when one can do it!

BitID + Decorum + Safepress + Safe messaging + SafeX + BitCola + other features to be added on top of this one same conversational app!

We need build the core of the app system, then plug apps into this core app.

2 Likes

First question to ponder/debate…what to use as the UI platform…

Should we break this idea out to a new thread?

1 Like

Nope, we’ll use this thread. Everybody is already on the same page, and on the same level of understanding.

As for the UI, I think we could use javascript electrum since it is already mobile friendly. I am looking at rust UI (conrod, imgui-rs) but it isn’t completely stable right now and won’t be for another year or two. So javascript + html/css could be a good starting point.

1 Like

As far as I can see there is no support for StructuredData yet.

Dirvine did mention about SD in the dev update thread.

The other issue we have not covered yet, but will be quite clear is the ability to link modules. So rather than http::somewhere/angular.js for example you can have an DNS service for javascript (let’s say a type of SD is 999 and this is software) So TAG 01 is javascript and then we have angular as the name. So we then use a tag more like safe:software/01/angular.js if you see what I mean.

This can be delivered in many ways but interestingly also by the hash of the known code, so say rust:crust is hash deebabd6372 and this is published in various dev blogs, i.e. I use deebabd6372 (rust::crust) which is just a datamap of public data (no service/no dns). We know this hashes to the name (so immutable and cannot have a virus injected etc.). People then can reference just that with safe:deebabd6372 and know what it is. This gives security without need for curation. A nice thing is that this is immutable, i.e. we will always get that version if we wish, it cannot vanish from servers.

This gave us clue on how it works. At least, we could jump start and analysis on how we can implement such thing.