The safe network explained using bitcoin terminology

Thanks @mav, I really appreciate you sharing your skilled inspection and analysis of SAFEnetwork. :star_struck:

4 Likes

This has been updated to include the recent rfcs around safecoin, messaging, parsec.

Full updated post: Redirecting...

Just the changes: Update with RFC-0057 changes · safe-network-explained/safe-network-explained.github.io@5c05cf1 · GitHub

It’s not easy to balance between keeping the initial ‘newcomer’ frame of mind of the original document vs being technically correct and up to date. This latest edit may be a bit fuzzy and maybe some old info is a bit too old. I’m open to all feedback.

22 Likes

Excellent, thanks @mav - the original was a great piece of work so I for one am really looking forward to digging into this!

8 Likes

Just started reading through this again and it is awesome work! Definitely worth sharing with blockchain folk as some eyes will be widely opened by the content! Thanks, @mav!

5 Likes

@dugcampbell, are there plans to link this from the website? If it isn’t already, this document would be a good mine to those interested in blockchain tech.

6 Likes

It is great work, but 25BTC reward is no more for 3 years .
old roadmap https://maidsafe.net/roadmap to Safe Network

As you said, there is more outdated details, but this two focused my attention.

1 Like

Great call - for some people, this will be a key doc in gaining an initial understanding and I’d certainly encourage anyone who’s coming to SAFE from a more general crypto(currency) background to dig into this in depth to help them get their bearings. We should help to direct people towards it, whether that’s via the website or by other means imo.

5 Likes