The SAFE Browser (with Authenticator)

when im using safe browser will it mine safe coins ?
if not what else will i need to do

Probably not. You need to run a Vault to mine Safecoin. In Alpha 4 weā€™ll see Vault from home again, where you can run one as a test. No Safecoin involved yet, so Farming isnā€™t possible then.

I put this together a few months back in order to answer some basic questions for people new to SAFE. Hope it helps.

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m trying to download the SAFE browser. Itā€™s asking me for an invitation token. How do I get one? Do I need one before I can download the browser? Btw, I like this site. I didnā€™t know this was here, really happy to be a member.

1 Like

Hello! Welcome to the forum. You need to be Trust Level 1 (Basic). Will take you an hour or two. This is to prevent people spamming the test networks.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the info. Iā€™ll start by reading some posts. What a great site. Thanks again

2 Likes

hi, Iā€™ve got a question about Safe Browser.
It cache the web pages? i tried to use it and It seemed to me that it did not.

thanks for the replies

3 Likes

Nice tutorial. Thanks for the info. But I need to work to get level 1.

1 Like

I have used the Safe browser, but I canā€™t find it on my computer, so I must have uninstalled it. Why? Iā€™d like to remember.
What does one have to do to download it? Iā€™ve found no URL with this answer.

You can download it from maidsafe.net or from here Releases Ā· maidsafe/sn_browser Ā· GitHub - Iā€™d recommend GitHub as itā€™s more up to date, but the latest version 0.8.1 doesnā€™t install - you unzip it and run it from the extracted folder. If you really want to install the browser you can use version 0.6.0 but not everything will work properly.

1 Like

I really need to try out of and really wonder what if the Maidsafe has been block at first like school or company centralized network, how could it send account creation to authenticate? It would be nice if you could explain. Or, I might lost that it will pass the proxy or those network decentralisedly without proxy!:grinning: