"The NEW Internet"

I agree using words like decentralization and distributed should be used sparingly and dependent on your audience. We were discussing this last night when covering dynamic marketing strategies for metame.io

Early adopters of maidsafe, like those people that use this forum don’t need convincing, familiar with technology and the technical aspects and are versed in the discourse of decentralization. Different messages will need to be catered to the users coming onboard as growth kicks in. However it will be the apps that bring people to the network and this will be very dependent on the UX of said apps.

There will be the “think of the children”, “national security” blah blah rhetoric we always see espoused. Once the network is public and people don’t need experience with a terminal to get onboard it will grow and be unstoppable! :smile:

The new internet, the alternative internet, decentralized internet, web upgraded, distributed network systems yadda yadda, adjusting them to audience is key. Retitled maidsafe website will help with broader appeal and I’m sure the team will nail it when that happens!

2 Likes

I also think “internet” may not be the main emphasis, at least early on.

Servers get hacked. SAFE will not.

That is the killer app.

The internet stuff is a good idea too – but the current internet works well enough for most folks. There are a lot more people looking for ways not to have their customer’s information stolen in Hack after hack after hack than there are people looking to replace the internet…

1 Like

The business market for SAFE is there but businesses are always slow to adopt new technologies and the hack after hack will continue. Seeding ideas among the decision makers and influencers in the business world will help but uptake will be slow. Hack after hack the initial investment in transitioning will pale in comparison to the risks and cost associated with servers being penetrated and customer and business data being compromised. I also think consumers will move to the apps on SAFE and the motivations for companies will become more compelling then.

1 Like

Err then why are you discussing this in the marketing thread?

You sound like a lovey person.