The "Networking" is Doing Well

I’m working on some other interesting stats and here is what I see from the log of the community1 seeder vault:

GetFailure/GetSuccess = 1494/78733 = 1.9%

PostFailure/PostSuccess = 124/16231 = 0.76%

PutFailure/PutSuccess = 418/18714 = 2.2%

Unless I’m greatly mistaken, those are very good numbers, considering that the inside of a SAFE network seems a bit like the inside of a running washing-machine.

I’m totally guessing that might be influencing their decision to install the connection-oriented, asynchronous messaging protocols. They no longer need to blast connectionless messages out like a firehose. Nearly everything is getting through quite effectively, so they can now implement more efficient protocols (or not, I welcome correction if my assessment errs).

14 Likes

Hey do you guys need another hand?

I’m coming close to closing out several projects at work and might have “free time” in a week or so.

1 Like

Those number also imply (once again, unless I’m much mistaken) that the hard work of networking is done. Now it is a matter of a more leisurely (if that’s the right word) fine-tuning of the networking, while resources are shifted into developing other functions, such as making the data storage robust. Puts and Gets and Posts: done, but after the data is stored it tends to decay, and that’s the next technical great leap forward (actually, promised for testnet4, early next week).

3 Likes

This is great for a small network. I’m curious what the new message acknowledgements will bring, should get even better.

2 Likes