On April 5, P2PB2B plans to list MaidSafeCoin. Trading for MAID will begin just as MaidSafe prepares to launch the public shared testnet that demonstrates the remaining technical features necessary to prove the Safe Network’s viability.
The world’s first autonomous data network, The Safe Network is both a decentralized internet and dApp platform. If you ever use the internet, you’re about to get a serious upgrade. Here’s what you’ll get:
- Data Ownership! Enjoy private, anonymous, and secure browsing because you must grant express permission for anyone to see, use or transform your data (which is encrypted in transit & at rest by default)
- Data Permanence! Default pay once; store forever policy means your data will never get lost
- Rewards! When you provide resources (i.e. unused hard drive space, processing power, and bandwidth) to and develop dApps for the Network, you’ll earn Safe Network Tokens
- Asset Tokenization! create and issue custom tokens to better control the token economics of your own projects
- Atomic Swaps! directly exchange tokens peer-to-peer
All these benefits just scratch the surface of why the Safe Network will revolutionize the decentralized landscape. Because the Safe Network does not run on a blockchain, Safe Network avoids many of the capacity and throughput limitations that blockchain-based attempts to deliver decentralized solutions face. Visit the forum to learn more about the Safe Network’s uniquely sustainable and scalable approach to solving many of today’s most pressing technology challenges—from data privacy to cybersecurity.
So, what’s new with this public shared testnet, and why’s it such a big deal? Not only will this testnet showcase the remaining essential functionality to prove out the Safe Network’s viability, it’s also loaded with a ton of innovative tech features. The upcoming release will introduce:
- Section Splits: Allows the network to grow naturally by automatically splitting nodes and data into new sections, ensuring that the new sections contain enough nodes to handle data requests and adequate storage space.
- Rewards/Farming: Individuals who supply resources to the Network will be rewarded with Test Safe Network Tokens. (Note - these are only test tokens and will not be tradable for real Safe Network Tokens at launch. The only way to get Safe Network Tokens pre-launch is to get MAID now.)
- Accepting New Nodes Only When Resources Are Required: Allows existing nodes to decide when they want new nodes to join the network, which helps to prevent Sybil attacks because an unlimited number of nodes cannot join the network at will.
- Section Chain: (A list of section keys linked together with signatures) proves that a piece of data was signed by a group of nodes that were once valid members of a section, even after those nodes are long gone.
- Fork Resistant Section chains: If there is a disagreement between sections on which key to append next, section chains can now fork while always presenting a unique and deterministic order of the chain blocks to the outside world (i.e., reach consensus).
- CRDT (Conflict-free Replicated Data Type): A new implementation of the section chain data-structure that guarantees (eventual) consistency regardless of the order in which the operations are applied, how they are grouped, or even duplicated (i.e., allows everyone to agree without involving any complicated consensus mechanism).
Here are more details on the upcoming testnet. Be sure to follow @Safenetworktech and keep your eye on safenetforum.org to find out how to join the testnet when it launches in early Q2 2021. If you’re more technically inclined and familiar with CLI, joining this testnet will give you a deeper understanding of the mechanics on which the Network runs. If you’re less technically inclined, fear not! MaidSafe considers effective UXD a priority, and is refining both the browser and app to deliver an easily accessible frontend experience for any and every one to use. Here’s a sneak peek at that user experience, and stay tuned for more updates on UI/UX developments.
Remember, the only way to get Safe Network Tokens before the beta launch is to obtain MAID. At launch MAID will be exchangeable 1:1 for Safe Network Tokens. While the exchange footprint for MAID is now expanding to include P2PB2B and will continue to expand in the coming months, MAID is also available on:
- Bittrex Global
You can find more information on how to buy, move and store MAID on the community forum.
As a 14-year journey to restore privacy, security & freedom to the internet draws towards its destination, now is the time to hop on board! We can’t wait for you to join us.