The Ethics of Liberty

Just watched a video on the topic of private property and a few other concepts according to the libertarian framework and thought it would be good to share the source/inspiration here. Considering how much the Safe network is aligned with those ideas, I think you guys will enjoy the read (or listen - audiobook available).

https://mises.org/library/ethics-liberty

Cheers

5 Likes

The book also changed my life, when I was a teen.

Sorry…aligned in what way?

I clicked the link which led me to the Mises institute.
I then visited the Mises Wikipedia page, where the first paragraph included:

Mises wrote and lectured extensively on behalf of classical liberalism.

I then clicked the wiki entry for classical liberalism.

I then under the second main heading of “Evolution of core beliefs” read:

These beliefs were complemented by a belief that labourers could be best motivated by financial incentive. This led classical liberal politicians at the time to pass the Poor Law Amendment Act 1834, which limited the provision of social assistance, because classical liberals believed in markets as the mechanism that would most efficiently lead to wealth. Adopting Thomas Malthus’s population theory, they saw poor urban conditions as inevitable; they believed population growth would outstrip food production, and they regarded that consequence desirable, because starvation would help limit population growth. They opposed any income or wealth redistribution, which they believed would be dissipated by the lowest orders.[13]

It is Steemit that is aligned to this model, not the Safe Network - otherwise I for one would definitely not be here.

You Sir, are mistaken… :unamused:

I mentioned the libertarian way of thinking. Private property, a cornerstone of the book btw.
But nothing about classical liberalism.

You Sir, just went too far in your assumptions :wink:

Lol…fair enough :smile: