The Cloud Conspiracy 2008-2014 - How the EU was hypnotised that the NSA did not exist

No that is a growing area, the space to watch is zk-snarks (check my repo for a fork that works with cmake etc.) and possibly SMCL type projects (SMCL ) homomorphic advances are definitely worth keeping a weather eye on as well.

The current advances in discrete maths and combinatorial logic is pretty astounding. I feel there is a multitude of mechanisms fro secure computation now,especially since the “halting problem” was addressed by the folks at MIT And Jerusalem (I think it was, anyway Turing prize winner for this mechanism). With the halting problem addressed we can now send actual computation across the network (Ok for time being needs gcc register code) and be sure it was run. We have to address the knowledge of the environment though and this is where I think the group consensus comes in, so we get a group to calculate and ensure the environment is protected via consensus. The other side of this is validation of exterior changes due to a calculation and there we win using consensus chains to ensure the computation created the effect it should have.

All sounds a bit weird and complex, but after the network is up this will all make much more sense.

An easy way to imagine this though is a mixture of consensus agreement on a computation that is requested via a Domain Specific Language (which may be Turing complete or not, likely it would not be though). Such DSL capability is provided in the boost libraries with fusion and spirit, then we can have domains specific to issues, such as robotics, AI, search (better than just search but you get the point), currency, company contracts, asset exchanges and so on.

It is a huge and interesting area, but there is a ton of work already in play that a decentralised autonomous network can really make a pretty big difference to, solving many security and reliability issues.

2 Likes