TEST5 (AKA destructive test) - is now running

i had the same problem with testnet 3

Really not… it’s just a simple step from something I used to scan top 1 million websites.

I think it’s simpler and likely faster, to grep for ‘sample-template-ctx’ and ‘This page is created and published on the SAFE Network using the MaidSafe demo app’.

Still, it’s interesting to know that NCD exists and indeed it might become useful where volume of pages becomes an issue… refreshing all detail for pages that have only minors changes, would likely be helped by using something like that… focusing on the ones that are new or have had substantial content updated. :smiley:

Daft question but are we sure that they did work?.. I didn’t see them this test to be sure but it appears like the fail was early on.

I tested the site as soon as I uploaded it. Yes the pics DID load. Now they won’t. So I’m wondering what happened.

1 Like

@riddim Yeah I change it regulary and the tomato was the inspiration of that day… it fits nice in the profile space :wink:

3 Likes

I’m wondering if we are really testing the network enough. Me for example I leave the vault running and I’ve visited some of the websites over the past few days. Is that enough of a test for now? Or is there more we could do? I guess we’re limited a lot by the space that’s given to the vaults so no way to watch long videos, store a lot of files, etc.

Still curious if there is more I could do to make the test more successful?

9 Likes

Ok, appreciate your replies. My takeaway, indexing safenet the conventional way involves much of doing the same for regular WWW-pages.

Unless, I gather, something like this proposition here in the forum get’s implemented in the future?

Inspector Columbo still in his raincoat, is leaving, hand on the doorknob …
One last question, you suggested grep for parts of the template would suffice but doing this on my sample files:
grep -i -l -e sample-template-ctx -e “This page is created and published on the SAFE Network using the MaidSafe demo app” *.html

Yields:
bishop.html
mypage.html
nigel.html

So one Maidsafe template and two suckers (re)using this but not:
bluebird.html

Is what I’m doing correct or what else is applied?

1 Like

Vault Stats:
Nodes - 446
Downloaded - 36.5 GB
Uploaded - 33.1 GB

Average download speed - 250 kbit/s
Average upload speed - 200 kbit/s

5 Likes

To help test the network I have setup several safe sites to auto reload every 5 minutes.

1 Like

! Ah, good catch… I’d forgotten, it also looks at h1 if [sed -n -e ‘s/^(…).*/\1/p’] equals ‘hello world’ then it lumps it with bland sites… if h1 is Hello World then the creator is fairly declaring that page is trivial, that there from the first tests having a number of those and I just wanted a quick filter.

Semantic search looks interesting… I don’t immediately see the ‘need’ for creator hash stamping but suppose if that detail is being generated and put to a pool, then stamping it might be useful. Certainly there’s opportunity for computers to understand language now that would lend itself to linking subjects rather than looking to simple match exact phrases… I did a proof of concept a long time ago and so understand the idea is fairly simple and can be fast but then it rapidly become a volume problem; I think Google already does fuzzy matching by spelling and synonyms. It’ll be interesting to see how the next generation of search evolves.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve wondered this too. When there is more space available perhaps as suggested above, more content will be uploaded. I’ve been putting some data to /private/ just to help increase the load but unsure if that is useful.

Given that the OP suggest this is a destructive test, I wondered if they are doing a controlled collapse and restart of vaults on the droplets, to test the speed the network can adjust to disruption… but I’m also left guessing what is most useful. OP I think suggested uploading a few webpages, so that done… but is the more useful stress we can apply??

http://dir.yvette.safenet => nothings changed aside from just finding http://francis.safenet

1 Like

Can you suggest how you get those Vault Stats?.. Downloaded/Uploaded + Nodes I wonder suggests a good indicator of how much activity there is.

The vault tells you how many nodes connected and I get the upload and download data from Ububtu’s system monitor.

I’ve been wondering the same. Should i be turning my vault on and off like crazy to stress the network? So far it has proven completely reliable to me, i’ve reached my upload limit and published a couple sites so maybe i’ll start being crazy with it.

1 Like

If you use nethogs you will get bandwidth per application. It’s pretty decent actually.

5 Likes

http://cubensisgenome.meltedego.safenet

Re-downloaded the packages fixed the problem. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have a question… how do you can see the pages that you post here? like http://cubensisgenome.meltedego.safenet , cause i cant see that pages with the apps inicialized, sorry for my ignorance

Just wondering why it hasn’t found my other site which I made early on during the test when I reached my data limit on ‘krekc’. I made krekc2.krekc2.safenet

Nothing interesting there, but it wasn’t picked up by your script it seems.

That looks like a broken link

Both the url and the meltedego.safenet give

{“errorCode”:-18,“description”:“CoreError::GetFailure::GetError::NoSuchData”}

Mod appeared to move that post from another thread, so perhaps wasn’t put to Test5

If you’re not able to see any of the .safenet links then you’re likely missing the proxy… see Proxy Setup

Live links are at http://dir.yvette.safenet
except the ones I’m not aware of:

The script guesses obvious urls but in a very limited way… www.forumid.safenet will be checked but little beyond that.

Edit: LOL at those who will click www.anylink.safenet :laughing:

4 Likes

oh thank you, now i can see the pages :slight_smile: