safe://💩

11 Likes

i made a site that demos off a portion of the safe js api
safe://safedemo.jam
plan to release topic with video explaining everything next week

12 Likes

Very nice demo, thank you

1 Like

Only thing I was able to get from this site is “Invalid handle” errors.

upd. Browser restart fixed that problem.

upd2. GET attempt shows error:

D:\SAFE Browser\resources\app\node_modules\pauls-electron-rpc\lib\import-api.js:203 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Core error: Routing client error → Requested entry not found
at onCbReply (D:\SAFE Browser\resources\app\node_modules\pauls-electron-rpc\lib\import-api.js:203:19)
at EventEmitter.onIPCMessage (D:\SAFE Browser\resources\app\node_modules\pauls-electron-rpc\lib\import-api.js:118:14)
at emitMany (events.js:127:13)
at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:201:7)

upd3. This site should be more fool-proof.

upd4. Deleted files are not deleted from the list, but just failing to show up with GET.

The video would be great @Joseph_Meagher, I’ll keep an eye out for that one.

2 Likes

In order to use GET you have to copy and paste the filename e.g. image.jpg into the ‘Select your file’ space above the FILE button.

1 Like

Thanks, I understood that already.
But it is better to remove that edit box at all.
And make file selection in more user-friendly way.

Agreed the GUI could be more user friendly, but it’s just a demo at this stage. Actually Delete isn’t working for me now, and no error in the console. Seems to be a bug @Joseph_Meagher .

It works only for contents (you can’t anymore view that file).
But not for metadata (file list).

Ah, ok - to avoid cluttering up this thread with bug reports - there are bound to be quite a few as it’s a prototype app - best to DM them to @joseph_meagher

1 Like

Just a test

safe://home.sam

4 Likes

Hi intrz sorry for the late reply, try again on test 18 and see if you get the screen loading:
safe://test.webgl/Index.html

1 Like

Still is not working, appears to be a problem with the SAFE browser on my computer.

It doesn’t appear your computer can support WebGL.
Click here for more information.

WebGL works in my other browsers. I tried downloading your site and running it locally in chrome and firefox, then it worked.

Did you do something to turn on WebGL support in the SAFE browser?

No nothing I know of, I wonder if its a security issue but I would expect not. I think we should post a thread see if others have the same issue. I’ll try that now.

You know sites for test 19?

Search the Test 19 Dev Update topic for posts containing safe://

If you make a list, maybe create a topic for it like this one :slight_smile: