Test 17 Sites and Emails

@Krekc Charming animation at safe://cheburashka really nice. :slight_smile:

lalalalalalalala oh man. So much nice content. Wish I could send the links to people I know… haha. Soon I hope.

It feels like the internet of 1990’s, So nice to be a part of this.

Any one feel like recreating Geocities? Geocities Lives On as Massive Torrent Download | WIRED
Could draw a lot of attention when SAFE launches.

7 Likes

Can someone send me a mail with the SAFE app at: krekc@safemail.nl

I sent some mails to some of you, but am kind of wondering if no one sent anything back or that this address that I chose may just not be working?

Edit: it’s working, thanks @polpolrene

1 Like

Finally made it onto the network. Congrats on work so far, looks impressive. Where is the email app?

Mail app didn’t remember my Email ID when restarting it… tried to use the one I created this morning… It said already taken.

So registered zoki2.

Odd. Is there a way to access the old email ID?

Have sent you a test email.

Edit: ok… yea, shame on me. The right hand side of the “login” should flah in bold flahing light, open existing emailID/MailBox.
For some reason my brain thought I had to tap it in and use the create box.

THanks for the email kreck … really happy to receive it.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Quick and dirty… my lunch. safe://tastyblt.blt/

Edit: Another one… safe://wikipedia.safe

edit: You can actually search in the safe://wikipedia.safe site now, it will bring results up in a standard browser though.

from another topic. People follow data... bring data to SAFE early, pre-launch. Lets put Wikipedia out of its misery. ;)

3 Likes

safe://maidtrix.josh
safe://its-coming.josh

email: ~josh

3 Likes

OMG, I feel like a gambler now :wink:

3 Likes

I created my new site at
safe://nature.sascha/index.html
The page
safe://nature.sascha/Skogsmard.html
contains my Swedish text.
I tried to give the latter document a Unicode name - “Skogsmård.html”, but this didn’t work. Can this be fixed?

3 Likes

This illustrates the ability to use WebGL and programmable shaders that access the GPU. check it out:
safe://myservice.webglstuff

I get a popup that says WebGL isn’t available. I don’t have any problems with WebGL in Chrome or Firefox.

1 Like

I was just messing around… and it worked! :smiley:

safe://💩

11 Likes

i made a site that demos off a portion of the safe js api
safe://safedemo.jam
plan to release topic with video explaining everything next week

12 Likes

Very nice demo, thank you

1 Like

Only thing I was able to get from this site is “Invalid handle” errors.

upd. Browser restart fixed that problem.

upd2. GET attempt shows error:

D:\SAFE Browser\resources\app\node_modules\pauls-electron-rpc\lib\import-api.js:203 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Core error: Routing client error → Requested entry not found
at onCbReply (D:\SAFE Browser\resources\app\node_modules\pauls-electron-rpc\lib\import-api.js:203:19)
at EventEmitter.onIPCMessage (D:\SAFE Browser\resources\app\node_modules\pauls-electron-rpc\lib\import-api.js:118:14)
at emitMany (events.js:127:13)
at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:201:7)

upd3. This site should be more fool-proof.

upd4. Deleted files are not deleted from the list, but just failing to show up with GET.

The video would be great @Joseph_Meagher, I’ll keep an eye out for that one.

2 Likes

In order to use GET you have to copy and paste the filename e.g. image.jpg into the ‘Select your file’ space above the FILE button.

1 Like

Thanks, I understood that already.
But it is better to remove that edit box at all.
And make file selection in more user-friendly way.

Agreed the GUI could be more user friendly, but it’s just a demo at this stage. Actually Delete isn’t working for me now, and no error in the console. Seems to be a bug @Joseph_Meagher .

It works only for contents (you can’t anymore view that file).
But not for metadata (file list).

Ah, ok - to avoid cluttering up this thread with bug reports - there are bound to be quite a few as it’s a prototype app - best to DM them to @joseph_meagher

1 Like