Tattoos and genders

I hope no one has tattooed SAFE on their skin, if we decide to change the name it will not be beautiful… :wink:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

4 Likes

Tattoos rarely are … IMNSHO

I am still trying to work out why I feel this way. It may stem from the earliest I knew of tattoos as being the Nazis tattooing numbers onto people. Then again it may be my rather Presbyterian/Wee Free upbringing which maintained that your body was what God gave you ., so be thankful and don’t try to change it. But I have utterly rejected almost every part of that influence, so why do I still have this thing against tattoos?

1 Like

Today a customer saw my tattoo and said “I know this - Safe network right?”. He get a quick expo + my Safe business card if he have any questions to call me.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

6 Likes

In my childhood, it was considered that the low life were the ones who got tatts and also the armed forces often got them.

In Japan it is considered that only the criminals got them and many places do not allow people in who have tattoos.

I also have mixed feelings about tattoos today, but realise its not an issue anymore in my country.

2 Likes

Yep there was likely an element of that as well.

1 Like

With you in this. I’m not sure why. I feel the same way about jewelry, rings etc. Some kind of prejudice I absorbed early on which has never dissipated. If I think of traditional tattoos and ornamentation I say, fair enough. I’m not particularly for our against, if your were brought up in that mould, fine. So I think affectation is part of it - I never liked fashion, hairstyles etc either.

I’m a bit of a boring scruff, who rarely brushes up to make an impression! I’d guess that also bothers others :wink:

I once let my beard grow for ages for the experience. It definitely got sideways looks and really bothered my dad bless him.

2 Likes

I really wound up my dad when I first tried a moustache – for weeks he would only refer to me as “the second-hand Mexican”

2 Likes

Wasn’t a lot to do in those days ay :joy:

Actually, there was a LOT to do. Decent bands to go see, constant parties, at one point I had three simultaneous part-time jobs. Oh and I managed to do a spot of studying engineering as well. Really an awful lot more than my kids have to do today, even allowing for COVID…

1 Like

Surely your kids can do all of those things?(government approval pending) well maybe not the bands today’s music is atrocious.

The rot started wit A Fluck of Seagulls IMNSHO

Ps thats a lie - they were a great band, I just needed to quickly think of a bunch of scousers who werent the Beatles. Or Gerry and the bleeding Pacemakers

1 Like

I think this may actually be part of why I like tatts.

1 Like

Hell yes :slight_smile:
Its just my initial reaction to them – Its your body, ink it, pierce it, dye your hair any colour you like. Just dont try to tell me you have changed “gender” without the appropriate surgery

But that another whole can of insecurities and BigPharma for another time…

1 Like

Although I must admit it took me a little while to appreciate inkwork on women. I dig it now, but for a time it was less attractive to me.

1 Like

A lot depends on the actual artwork - and its location :slight_smile:

“Property of Southside” on the inner thigh in a nice cursive script is perfectly acceptable …

1 Like

You guys sure have some interesting opinions about other peoples identities. You just have to accept people for who they are and what they do, if they are not hurting anyone who are we to care. It’s about freedom of expression and cultural identity. Nothing more.

5 Likes

Hey - each to their own :slight_smile:
And I also would not take everything I say on here too seriously :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gender and chromosome expression are literally different things based on the medical nature of reality. It’s just that over 90% of people have matching gender and chromosomal expression. Gender comes before changing anything, and anything else is political/ignorant nonsense.

OK this is entirely off-topic

99.9999% - Fixed that for you.

There are TWO sexes. Get over it.

Deal with the science, not the whining of the inadequate who demand to push their way in front of those far more deserving of care and attention.
Shag who you like, how you like (fully consenting adults only) but don’t tell me someone with a dick is really a lesbian or that kids should be fed puberty blockers to suit the whims of rich peadophiles masquerading as “educational charities” in the name of being “progressive”. Stonewall has in a few short months utterly undone all the good work it has ever done in 30 years.
So take your

and ram it.
My last word on the subject. If any of this offends you , please use the block function.

1 Like

I never said there isn’t two sexes. 99.9999% is way too high. I literally know a transgender person for the past 16 years. But yep you’re making me feel way uncomfortable for blowing up, and you/no one is listening from here on out, so, good day. This place really needs a thread on this topic if a respected leader of the test nets gets this emotional without proper discussion within 2 seconds of talks on the matter.

2 Likes