Synereo

i went and read through the entire thread and it looks like they wound up building something else, which means that decorum will be the “facebook/twitter/whatever” of safenetwork

synereo goes alpha in september, very interested…:slight_smile:

1 Like

https://blog.synereo.com/2016/08/16/synereo-alpha-going-online-heres-what-you-can-expect/

Great times coming !

Watched the alpha walk through. So far it is looking really cool. Every day there is something new and exciting.

2 Likes

Must say, it is an interesting project… the recent details have piqued my interest more.

Q4 2017 for their final launch, so they say ;). I reckon Maidsafe will still have quite a big first mover advantage even though it now sounds like they are actually doing something not that dissimilar to safenetwork :confused:

“Many still understand the name Synereo to refer to the social network only, as it has gained the most attention so far. The project team aims to rename it sometime after launching officially, differentiating it from the wider decentralized app platform…
Touting privacy and censorship resistance as its main features…
Synereo’s long-term aim, however, is to go beyond that flagship application to become a platform for any kind of app at all, removing the need for central servers from the internet altogether.
To encourage developers to get on board, Synereo has also launched a grant program worth about two hundred thousand dollars US and paid in the network’s native currency AMP. The funds will be distributed to development teams who want to work on decentralized apps and the platform itself.”

Tick tock maidsafe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Interesting stuff. Seems to me that they’ve not built from the ground up to the degree that MAIDSAFE has done; so unless they’ve borrowed code from MAIDSAFE, then I am quite sceptical that they will be able to match the performance and security of SAFEnet. I’d have to look into the technical details of their decentralization techniques to know for sure though - too big an effort for me ATM. Has anyone here done that? Thoughts?

1 Like

Regarding performance security and scalability I doubt they can match MAIDSAFE. Patching things up and improving a bit on the blockchain doesn’t seem like is the right way to go, I’m not very technical so this is just a personal opinion.

That being said, the attention economy appears to be a highlight from the project and it looks fascinating!

Long time coming but synereo is releasing it first beta on 30 june… with a new ad…

2 Likes

Be interesting to find out what they are using instead of RChain. I’ve not seen any updates in their BttF forum pitch about it yet.