Substratum Network

This ICO start and they are 100% Duplicate our maidsafe Concept if they are lounced there Project before us me its bed for our Project :slight_smile: if anyone know about this ICO its scam or not please explain …
http://substratum.net/

It sounds different from MaidSafe in this respect

1 Like

They provide little in terms of technical details, but it sounds like what they’re trying to do is very different from SAFE. It lacks some of SAFE’s core concept like anonymity and censorship resistance, in fact it seems to actively encourage censorship as a kind of community governance.

Sounds like they want to make something more like a regular webserver, just decentralized, where some algorithms choose which servers should host which content. They want to stay backwards compatible with the current web and browsers and thus they need the stack to be similar to standard web servers.

It’s hard to say much though. There’s pretty much no technical details in their whitepaper, just marketing speech.

2 Likes

Please see this video and reed all comments they telling maidsafe dont solved DNS solution but, they already have DNS solution …
- YouTube

Fomen Saker2 hours ago (edited)
#Its like #Maidsafe Project
Reply 1
Hide replies
Justin Tabb
Justin Tabb2 hours ago
It’s actually different. Maidsafe let’s you share documents. Substratum actually brings the true Decentralized Web, basically taking sites like YouTube or Mom and Pop eCommerce store and hosting them through decentralization. It’s a huge concept and with things like the VPN ban going into China and Russia this will be a what they need to view unrestricted content.
Reply 2
Fomen Saker
Fomen Saker2 hours ago
#I like #your Chanel bro but, maybe you are not know about #Maidsafe
Maidsafe making Total Web Decentralized there domain is > example > facebook.safenet
and please do some recharge then make a comments…
Fomen Saker
Fomen Saker2 hours ago
This Project Duplicate Maidsafe Concept …
Justin Tabb
Justin Tabb2 hours ago
Fomen Saker unfortunately no, MaidSafe does not do the same thing. You can only create sub domains of their maidsafe domain because they do not know how to decentralize DNS. Substratum is decentralizing DNS so any site can run through it. Sites like Apple or YouTube don’t want to tell people, hey man, go to YouTube.maidsafe.com and you can see our site. I commend them for trying but MaidSafe don’t have the solution but Substratum seems to.
Reply 1
Fomen Saker
Fomen Saker1 hour ago
thanks for your reply So, Substratum have DNS > solution ???
Substratum Network
Substratum Network1 hour ago
yes, we do have a DNS solution Fomen
Reply 1
Fomen Saker
Fomen Saker38 minutes ago
wow cool then it will be big thing
Fomen Saker
Fomen Saker31 minutes ago
wow cool then it will be big thing :(
Fomen Saker
Fomen Saker28 minutes ago
This site dont have SSL security :slight_smile:
http://substratum.net/

1 Like

From these comments it’s obvious that the Substratum founder hasn’t really looked into how the SAFE Network works in any detail.

5 Likes

But the ICO will make them a lot of the green stuff

2 Likes

They seem to have the concept that both projects (their’s & SAFE) are a decentralisation of the current web. This is why they are still thinking SAFE sites are using the current internet DNS and SAFE sites are a subdomain of maidsafe

6 Likes

I like the bit that days " in 10 years it will touch every computer on the planet". Giddy up to the Maidsafe development team, what have you guys been doing for the past 10 years. If only it was that easy heh.

2 Likes

When I read what it’s offering, it seems like a clone of Maidsafe. However I’m not technically competent to understand the underlying tech. Can someone please explain a bit how maidsafe is different than substratum?

I found out a project that I’ve never seen before. Looks really promising too and will probably launch before MAID.

https://substratum.net/technology/

Good luck. Read the previous forums on blockchain safety. Straight copycat looking for a quick buck

They are claiming to deliver beta by early 2018!! The coin is doing good too. People seems to like the idea and they must did a great job marketing the product.

I wish maid spent a bit more effort in marketing.

It makes me realise how a half decent job on marketing will make Maidsafe’s price explode as it nears beta

SUB is 25 cents today! This is crazy!!!

Lol yep this right here.

Substratum is now way ahead of us in market cap

I know they are not as advanced but it’s worth noting…

Seems like substratum is gaining the reputation as: the change of internet.
Everyone is talking about it on reddit and making many articles. But is it really worthy?
If you want, we can make a case study about $sub learning why it’s getting so much relevance and analyzing their marketing

2 Likes

For the most part, Substratum has duplicated much of the SAFEnetwork’s positioning (just substitute vaults with nodes). The unfortunate thing is that people who are not well acquainted with blockchain’s limitations won’t understand that at best, Substratum can only obscure the path to the data—not secure the data itself. In essence, Substratum is glorified Tor, but people chase what glitters.

4 Likes

I’d like to discuss one of our direct competitors “Substratum”. Please respond with what you believe to be key differences between Substratum and MAIDsafe.

Thank you!

The first thing I hate about them is their forum, which is just telegram. Such formats do not lend themselves to communicating difficult concepts. They’re just glorified troll boxes. Kudos to MAID for having a forum that allows people to actually communicate difficult concepts.

A major difference is the pay model. SAFE being pay once vs substratum as pay per click. Definitely an attack vector there to bankrupt a company just by reloading it’s webpage from your botnet. I’m sure they must have some mitigation for this, but will they have enough? Who knows, since technical details are non-existent.

Another major difference is the ability of people to vote content off of the network. They claim this won’t be able to be gamed by big companies or political bias. I highly doubt the political bias claim. I can easily imagine a social network call to arms on some political facebook site, telling people to go downvote a piece of content. Not good. Only the least controversial content will survive such a system.

They claim they will integrate an exchange into the system, so if you want to pay in LTC, and I want paid in DGB, they will do that for you, using substratum as the base currency. That’s cool enough, but such exchanges should become pretty common. It seems like a non-core functionality that could be better handled by others.

2 Likes