Storj Beta Update

I think we had this discussions many times on the forum. Some people have a different stance. As a matter of fact you took @super3 post out of context because he did not say it was just about protecting the user but to “give power AND protect the user”. Apparently to you protecting has to do with penalties by a third party, in fact it is about the user himself. If I knew I stored content that I despise on my ressources I would definitely not want to give access to my ressources. It is my individual decision to whom I give my ressources.

Of course, if it´s private data I wouldn´t know anyway - that is part of the deal. However, it makes a (big) difference whether data is private or public. As soon as data becomes public it gains a social and political dimension - “storing” then leans towards “supporting”. It is not only fair that in this case users have a say whether they want to support content - it is also a question of network stability: if on the SAFEnetwork people can retrieve whether their vault stores a chunk of some particular public data - as was recently debated in this thread - they can also adopt greylists that will automatically restart a vault if chunks of listed public content was stored. This means that the network will experience repeated resets if people adopt greylists. It will probably cause the greylister a lot of Safecoin, but they´d probably not bother - I wouldn´t for sure - because not everyone is in for the money.

1 Like