Storing Maidsafecoin and Bitcoin in the same address

Can anyone tell me if it is ok to store both maidsafecoins and bitcoin in the same btc address? Can the omni protocol handle multiple assets in one address?

Yes most definitely

You need some BTC to send omni assets (about 0.00035 BTC)

2 Likes

ok, I have one pretty secure cold paper wallet with a few bitcoins on it, I will store my maidsafecoin on there then as well. Do not want to remember to much passwords

1 Like

Can please someone write a very simple, logical guide “Introduction to owning MaidSafeCoin”? Probably every new member is scretcing himself on the head with same questions, as I did some time ago:

1.How to buy MaidSafeCoin-s?
2.How to store them? Can I create and import my own private key?
3.How to check a balance?
4.How to send them to other accounts?
5.Can I convert them to Safecoins now?
6.How many MaidSafeCoin-s are currently distributed? Is there a plan to have another crowdsale?

I am willing to help…any volunteers?

1.How to buy MaidSafeCoin-s? - Poloniex and Shapeshift are the most popular options.

2.How to store them? Can I create and import my own private key? They can be stored in any bitcoin wallet that you have the private key for (do NOT you services like coinbase where you do not have the private key). I recommend a paperwallet like bitaddress.

3.How to check a balance? Type your public key in Ominwallet.org, then click check balance.

4.How to send them to other accounts? Create an online wallet on Omniwallet.org and import your coins using your private key. You can then send them to any bitcoin address.(again make sure you have the private key!)

5.Can I convert them to Safecoins now? No. When Safecoin launches you will be given instructions on the conversion.

6.How many MaidSafeCoin-s are currently distributed? Is there a plan to have another crowdsale? 452,552,412 and not at this time.

6 Likes

It is quite easy to exchange to MaidSafeCoin, if you have BTC. But what if you want to exchange for € or $? Is there a direct way?

Bitaddress helps you to generate an address, to which MaidSafeCoins can be stored. Be carefull to store private key carefully and not show it to anybody, unless you decide to. To send MaidSafeCoins from exchange (Poloniex, Shapeshift) use public key.

Please be aware, Omniwallet is a 3rd party, revealing your private key to this site could put your account at risk. If you are not planning to send your MaidSafeCoins to other accounts, you don’t need this wallet.

Good advice. Also, you can just use OMNI as a “watch only” site or just paste the PUB address you sent your MAID to in the Omni “Balance Check” and it will reveal your MAID holdings and USD price.

EDIT: To clarify… you dont need to "import " just use the “check balance” feature in Omni

2 Likes