Step-by-step: the road to Fleming, 2: Sybil resilience

The whole point of my post was precisely to point out was that those kind of abstractions “in general sense” really doesn’t help, and we are getting too meta already.

Another example could be, humans are also animals “in general sense”, but you wouldn’t go to a veterinarian for a health check, would you?

To go from “PoW shares the same problems with PoS” to “PoW is basically PoS” to your extreme statement of “Everything is PoS, essentially”. This deformation is precisely what I fear to happen when others read this, each level of abstraction makes it more and more inaccurate to the point of becoming ridiculous and meaningless.

Another example of abstraction is that the SafeNetwork is an open systems that maintain homeostasis, are composed of cells, can grow, adapt to their environment, respond to stimuli, reproduce and evolve… therefore, in a sense, the SafeNetwork is a new lifeform.
Which is a valid deduction based on the premise but not really true, is it?
Does this kind of statements really help to move the technical discussions forward? Does that mean that the Maidsafe team need to hire an exobiologist now?

I hope to have made my point across now…

2 Likes