Some categories hidden from front page

I tend to browse the forum in incognito mode (privacy, right?!) and only log in when I need to engage, but noticed there are some categories that don’t show on the front page (eg Related Projects).

Is there a way I can see all content on the forum easily in one place without needing to be logged in?

I don’t think so. Leaving certain categories off the home page is a deliberate decision to keep the forum focused on matters SAFE. These are Meta, Security, Related projects and Off topic, and also some topics are restricted to users who’ve reached a certain Trust Level. Maybe you can set up category-based email alerts or something in Discourse? I haven’t checked.

3 Likes

Is there a way I can see all content on the forum easily in one place without needing to be logged in?

I’m pretty sure that would only be possible if all categories are configured to be on the front page.
But like JPL said, it is a deliberate decision no to do this.
If I’m wrong, an administrator will hopefully correct me.
You can configure (email) alerts for the different categories, but for that you have to be logged in.

2 Likes

Actually @mav you could set up a browser that has on each tab the categories that are not on the front page. The tab will show when a new/update (i think) like it does for front page categories.

Yes you’ll need like 5 tabs but at least you can see if any category or front page has new/updated topics.

But the categories that need a higher level to view then you need to be logged in for that.

3 Likes