SN Testnet review spreadsheet - feature request

@VaCrunch Please, if you have time before T4 is upon us, can you change the validation rules to allow Scotland?

Cos if you cannot I will need to mark my location as Palestine or maybe the Aland Islands**. No way will I be associated with UK next to my name :slight_smile:

** I was thinking of Finland but then @Sascha will get worried about his chickens if Im around.

6 Likes

Already done, one hour ago. Check it out.

2 Likes

Now THAT was fast. Was 88mph exceeded?

Thank you very much indeed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We aim to please.

5 Likes

No worries. You’re welcome to visit. Just try not looking like a fox or the rooster might get nervous and gut you by accident. Then there is that one hen that’s awfully fond of meat…

:sascha:

2 Likes

Privacy. Security. Freedom

2 Likes

Quick update on responses so far: unsurprisingly, heavy on Linux.

3 Likes

Looks like @bochaco was proxying in, or was too busy to run a node at home himself from Argentina. No South American orAsian participants at all which surprises me slightly but it is very early days.
As for the platform split, as you say, to be expected at this stage. Do we have any actual numbers for participants ?

EDIT: last Q was daft, these are responses to the spreadsheet only, sorry

Can you please also add flags, and put a union flag next to Scotland just to annoy @Southside?

3 Likes

Its Saturday, its beer o’clock and BBQ has been declared - my triggers are deactivated nyaaah nyaah nyaaah

4 Likes

I just repaired** this and the neighbours triggers are most definitely activated image

**For various values of “repaired”. I haz output now but still with a bit of a buzz. What a lovely warm grunty sound - and I havent pushed it past 2 yet :slight_smile: Valves still rool!!!

If only I wasnt so completely shite on the geetar - even Im getting fed up of Smoke on the Water

5 Likes

have you already removed the UK style plugs from your house @Southside ?

3 Likes

I wondered when someone would notice that – OK I used a stock pic… I apologise most humbly for grabbing a pic of similar amp - you don’t get to see the full err “patina” on this beast or the wee rip in the speaker cloth.
Lets just say it looks as if it was gigged hard in a previous life :slight_smile:
But that sound… And the buzz goes away if I slide the reverb all the way off so next step is to reflow all the joints in that part of the chassis and clean the pins on the relevant tubes.

3 Likes

I thought maybe you lived in a Holiday Inn in Malaga and maintaining the Southside persona was how you passed your days when the Union Jacks pub was shut

3 Likes

I refer the Hon Gentleman to the answer a few posts above. I am now full of beer, steak and have been asked politely by the neighbours if I will kindly stop playing the complete Wolfetones canon on repeat for the day that’s in it :slight_smile:
I parked the geetar a while back cos it was obvious even to me that I was making a complete arse of picking out “The Men Behind the Wire”.

6 Likes

Back to Smoke on the Water then. Your neighbours will thank you

2 Likes

I used to be able to play Sean South with one finger on the keyboard but thats another bit of kit that needs some TLC. Could probably sort it with a can of air. Several keys mysteriously stopped working around the time I caused much dust fitting new sockets into a brick wall.

1 Like

I think I’m right in saying that All Day and All of the Night was recorded through an amp with a blown out speaker cos they didn’t have time to get another one, inadvertently creating one of the sounds that would go on to inspire the like of Deep Purple. History repeating?

3 Likes

Indeed, I have the actual speaker here.
Offers over 10k MAID for this unique piece of rock n roll history

1 Like

You should make it an NFT. Maybe Off topic? Hang on, this whole topic is off topic … my mod circuits can’t cope

4 Likes