Slur on SAFE?

1 Like

This was one of the Bush tactics, it argued that it should be able to punish/fire whistle blowers. This would upset that criminality.

Paying for secrets isn’t the same as whistleblowing.

People will create the secrets just so they can have something to leak. Maybe entrapment and then extortion could also be profitable in this environment?

This will create a decentralized TMZ. Not saying that TMZ is bad but it’s the same model.

1 Like

Whistleblowers aren’t doing it because they expect to get paid. When you start paying people now you’re creating a machine.

What is to stop people from deliberately entrapping people in order to profit? Also what if people lose their lives because the leakers are complete psychopaths who don’t care about the consequences and just want to get paid?

Slur cannot be compared to Wikileaks at all.

1 Like

I am clear on all that but wikileaks needed the sponsor filter to cooperate so it was too weak. This will break that filter. We will probably catch corrupt law enforcement entering in noise to try to protect corruption and confuse matters. There will corrupt bastions of government that prevent law enforcement from using leads from the service by through disciplinary action for its use or consultation. And corrupt jurisdictions that try to say that even where a data set is comptehensive, verifiable and relevant and a crucial link in the only means of prosecution that it is inadmissable. Some corrupt jurisdictions will try to criminalize end users accessing the service on idiotic data tresspass lines- organizational secrecy protection not privacy, they never cared much about privacy as invading privacy was the point of their abeting secrecy.

I’m not getting how Slur has anything to do with transparency, it would seem to be inherently opaque. There seems to be massive potential for trolling and fud (paparazzi, harassment, slander, blackmail etc). Also, how on Earth does this not “erode our privacy and use it against us”?

Transparency is…yes…but Slur is the opposite and again does nothing to end blackmail - it encourages it.

The main thing I struggle with is how you can square your railing against Advertising and Corporations selling your private information, with advocating this, which does exactly the same thing…I’m bemused.
This is the antithesis of Privacy, Security and Freedom to my mind.
You also rail against rule by Money, yet advocate selling Information literally to the highest bidder. Information = Power…just do the math and check your working out because it all seems a bit befuddled to me.
Edit:The problem here is the “Selling private information for money” bit – that is (in my view) the crux of the moral/political issue here……nothing else. It matters not a jot whether it is corporations or individuals doing this….in my opinion.
To follow your arguments to their logical conclusion can only help maintain the status quo you rail about – power, information and money all concentrate via the same old methods:

Money buys information, information buys power/money….it is circular

I feel I must be missing something here….the only argument in favour I can think of is that it is idealogically driven……I mean it has something to do with the idea of owning one’s own information, therefore it is OK to sell it……rather than the selling of other people’s information. However it’s the “other people’s information” that I’m concerned about. I can’t however think of any private personal information about myself that I’d have any kind of interest in selling. It would appear that Slur would necessarily be dealing with “other people’s information and Privacy primarily.

@Al_Kafir

I think we agree that selling people’s private info for money is evil. I also think we agree that ends don’t justify means. I just see selling of ordinary people’s private info as a minority more short term element, but still deplorable. It will cause some social havoc as would stripping away people’s clothing involuntarily. People will desensitize to a bunch of that when they remember we are all human recycle the same thoughts and do a lot of the same things. I see that market blowing out under notions like not believing hearsay and don’t throw stones if you live a glass house, don’t even look. Also there won’t be the same interest or resources in smearing ordinary private persons, even as such resources may grow more efficient over time.

The sycophantic Hollywood scene will melt down and hopefully blow away. It was bad for society especially for children. Elected officials will get the kind of verification acid bath that defies sponsorship and begins to erode the power of hereditary wealth and erode the slide back into total over dynastic rule by hereditary wealth- we have that already be we either expose it and get rid of it or the historic formula will repeat with oppression leading total war or tech enhanced oppression worse than existential total war.

Automated data bases are the most potent means yet devised to strip us of our volition. Slur and systems like it are for us as they decentralize this tyrannical power, PRISM and TIA are very definitely against us because they create tyrannical power. But it is quite conceivable that the data in PRISM and TIA will get dumped. What is the alternative for the gateway building power crazed- to dumb down hardware production or find a real truth serum or in some way find a way to wind back the clock literally? This stuff was implicit in our technological development, we can’t get people to un-invent it and it gets invented one way or another.

Organizational secrecy is the real issue and it is the issue that these systems will pursue with vigor. Instead of standard fake news, Wikileaks will look fake in comparison to what ensues. With the fall of the Berlin Wall the East German government tried to, shred, burn, acid wash and bury its paper trails but it wasn’t quick enough and massive tonnage of shredded paper was recovered and scanned. The action of the East German government was like what will come when these sponsored governments try to protect their sponsors by filling the global SAFE disk with SPAM and red herrings to make SAFE a less efficient application and there will be attendant smearing of the tech, safety and reliability and pressure to get people to abandon apps like Slur anyway possible. But it won’t just be an arms race, stuff like Watson Debater will cull the stuff the way the data base driven scanning, piecing together and hand writing recognition and OCR did with the German government. If I am not mistaken the East German scanning led to the Swiss Bank scandal where it was found that a bunch of gold on deposit, or resultant funds were culled from the bodies (not just gold fillings but tissue gold ) of Jews in the concentration camps and had accrued significant interest… to support guess who?

Failing Western Governments
It may not be the semi population friendly UK government these systems end up correcting and hedging against as much as it is the future power of the Chinese and Russian governments or the puppet client state versions of Western governments hence forth sold down the river. I don’t think its impossible that the UK becomes a client state for either China or Russia or a whole new Eastern Southern block. It could be grand for citizens in those new controlling blocks but no one wants to live in a puppet state.

I think part of the resistance is that people in the UK/US/EU still think their governments are somewhat accountable and not yet the worst and they don’t want to undermine that. But these Government are reliant on built out economies that will be more like the US in its increasing inability to produce tangible tech goods competitively. How long will Germany’s advantage last? Look at the US constantly fighting the specter of deflation with knocking down buildings to justify arbitrary wars or forcing the population to prop up insurance companies or blighting to rebuild. The oxygen is running out in the bag and as they go steady state they will go through the process the UK went through relative to the US as the US became industrial. The UK itself seems set to rehash that experience, i.e., UK kids in the street with no record bashing in windows in and criminalizing themselves because they claim why not they have no future and incredibly stupid elites trying to get extra punitive with the kids because they want to remain in denial. The relationship the UK has with the US may be replaced by a similar relationship with China and ironically India.

The power may shift to China, Russia and the Global South. The signs of deeper insolvency are there, just like when the US lied its way into Iraq for a second time quite possibly to prop its currency against deflation it is right now playing oil games that its government per new legislation will have to cover with a few trillion in oil related derivative hard debt. This doesn’t look like an accident, those new trillions in debt spending are there again to fight deflation caused by deep structural problems- people don’t really want to pay for its services economy, and they don’t want their fake petty jobs even as its increasingly hard to survive without them. But this debt means cutting services and hollowing out government even more. It means more austerity, higher taxes for less services. At what point does that become a Cypress style austerity with bail in’s and the total collapse of the dollar and loss of US currency reserve status. Deflation is not just hard on the rich, its a tourniquet on State budgets as there is no revenue to tax, but state could start to take a set percentage of cosmopolitan elite’s total associated wealth every year and track them to the ends of the Earth.

As transnational hereditary rule tries make Western Governments into puppet states for China having transparency will be very useful to halt that process and reverse it, along with getting rid of that power that sells people out.

OK, I need go no further than the opening 2 sentences to show you are clearly confused in your thinking here. You are advocating something “Evil” to use your own words, for some end result that you don’t even think justifies its use?
Do “The ends justify the means” - or not?
You are like a particle in super-position collapsing into opposite states each time I observe you.
Are you seriously saying its OK to be “Evil” and cause distress and upset to people “in the short term” because the ends don’t justify the means? Is that really what you’re saying…lol
I can only conclude that you believe the ends justify the means (in this instance) because its mitigated either because it only affects a minority, or only lasts short term - I obviously totally disagree.
I don’t feel you really answered my points and the rest of your post appears to be about…well…something else.

Cringe with every use of the word “evil.” I didn’t anticipate this type of application would have a paid element. I am not comfortable with that. But I see it would be hard to stop. As hard as taxing the crypto black market.

I am saying I think systems like Slur can be done without the money aspect and will be done without them. But the money element can initially catalyze the process and we do it seems need these systems as soon as possible, so even the money element is not all bad (even if not justified) and paradoxically the money aspect undermines the negative voice of money that tends to drown us all out.

Let me TLDR for you

As SAFE threatens power, power will have on the payroll people commit acts of terror and say they couldn’t have been committed without SAFE and only terrorists use SAFE and it needs to be outlawed shut down, its use criminalized blah blah blah, all the useless banal stuff they always try to say and do.

But with SAFE and systems like Slur they get caught with their on the payroll terrorists before, during and after the fact and they can’t even mention SAFE without discrediting themselves further. And the perpetrators for other acts that are still in memory will be pointed out as will the motives and the means. We will finally begin to have honesty instead of more and more dirty hand type stuff.

Why would we want transparency? Take the United States. What if its wholly inadequate but still a limit on state power Constitution were to become accepted in US culture as obsolete and retired. And then it was accepted that we don’t really want to talk about laws in public anymore or state what the laws are and that people would know the laws if they broke them, because we don’t want to call attention to wrong doing or create copycat instances, we just don’t talk about it and all court proceedings and rulings a secret and held in secret. Don’t worry about it just trust us. If you’re elected you can know otherwise its all need to know.

There we go…we’re getting there…lol.
I think you may come to recognise eventually that you got a bit side tracked here and come to agree the money aspect makes it wrong. I don’t think this app is consistent with your usual thinking and it appears counter-productive to your oft stated goals.
Anyway, cheers Warren. One other thing - I often spot things within your posts that I would like to “like” - however, there is usually something else within the post that I don’t grasp, so this stops me …in case I appear to be in agreement with something that I am not. I am also quite terse when I see logical inconsistencies - its an issue I have…lol. All I’m saying is that I often find it hard to extract the information from the posts, as I personally struggle with the writing style.

That’s charitable. The writing style leaves something to be desired.

1 Like