Silicon Valley TV and Maidsafe - all is revealed

I think PiedPiperMaidSafeDistributedDataChainBackedDeduplicationUtilizingDataStorageAndAccessibilityCoin has a better ring to it?

Ticker: PPMSDDCBDUDSAAC

8 Likes

Good idea, and how about in these Wikipedia pages:

Anyone want to edit those? You need to provide a citation but I think @MaidSafe’s tweet of the credits would do for that. I have a Wikipedia account but have rarely used it so anyone fancy doing this?

7 Likes

Good plan. Yup, the link I posted above is to a wiki for fans of the series, not Wikipedia. Entries on real Wikipedia pages would also be good.

Having that screen shot in the credits, would be good proof - and should mean that the edits are accepted by the Wikipedia admins.

4 Likes

No comment

2 Likes

The comments on the twitter feed say it all. :rofl:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

This poster is in for a surprise

3 Likes

Now there is also a TV serie called Safe on Netflix: Safe Season 1 | Trailer [HD] | Netflix - YouTube. :smile:

Just listed on Binance skycoin “the real silicon valley”

“Skycoin: the real Silicon Valley” said exactly no one who knows what’s up… The shrewd might ride the Skycoin Binance pump to wisely dump their profits into MAID for SAFEkeeping.

6 Likes

Never heard of them before. Went to their site and see they’re making hardware to run the network. They don’t want people using their own PC’s. Also found this link where the guy says they spent six years rewriting the bitcoin code three times. So their whole “six years” schtick is not six years doing non-blockchain stuff. They do some non-blockchain stuff in the background, but it’s more like VPN links between nodes, I think. They seem like smart enough guys, but it’s not the new internet and they probably never intended it to be. This author just decided to pump them that way.

5 Likes

HBO could sue Skyscam to the ground for using their actors images like so :smile: . Not cool to do so anyways as we all know SAFENetwork team are the ones who made the post episode credits :wink: .

1 Like

Pfft… did they not get the memo about the credits? :rofl:

1 Like

Someone should really contact them with a screen shot.

3 Likes

I caught on to mentions of it (skycoin associating itself with Silicon Valley) a few weeks ago … put my ‘betting fund’ in… doubled. Sold and all profit into MAID today. Some of these pumps are predictable and should rightly be milked to reduce their power and redirect the resources to the right place.

5 Likes

Skywire is a meshnet so it’s for actual internet infrastructure. I think the idea sounds interesting. Seems to be the idea is something like a wifi access point where you get skycoins for sharing your internet connection and connecting to other skywire access point to create an alternative network.

Seems that it would needs lots of people in the same area to have the hardware though. That’s a challenge. Using cell phones to make a network instead would avoid that problem,but then you have the battery drain issue instead.

1 Like

The challenge could be easier once the SAFE network is being quite widely used, if the right incentives were in place.

The concept does sound good, and in theory with a mesh-net, any weak-links could be incentivised to a greater degree than strong links to encourage active network expansion & gap filling.

I hope the Safe network adds in this kind of feature in the future, or at least that it’s built on top of it.

Hardware options for SAFE network could be awesome:

• Simple network attached SAFE Vaults (basically consumer NAS like WD MyCloud with custom firmware)
  • Home wifi router + vaults
  • Home wifi router + vaults + mesh network capabilities

I’m guessing all of this would be relatively easy to develop, and could make adoption of SAFE very easy… much easier to plug in a simple SAFE vault to generate some Safecoin than starting to mine Ethereum or Bitcoin, and provides value to normal people beyond the monetary value of the tokens farmed.

Proof of bandwidth on a mesh network could be interesting as it necessarily must guarantee decentralization. The people who’d want bandwidth are distributed all over the world and the connection would be a local wireless connection,so there’s no way it could ever be centralized.

2 Likes

The FOAM project has that for their system.

2 Likes

Wait, so Skycoin’s devs/people ACTUALLY said that the show was talking about them? And they has absolutely no contact or association w/ them? I don’t even know what Skycoin does, but I got the impression it was a scam coin

2 Likes

Yep-- about 4 weeks ago, all of a sudden, any time silicon valley was mentioned commenters would show up and write comments like ‘this sounds just like skycoin’, or ‘pied piper coin is real, check out skycoin’, very quickly after the original post. Started happening on numerous forums… rapid upvotes and high visibility. It was a very obvious change and I was paying attention because of the news that the SAFE folks were advising and from previously looking into skycoin a year or two ago. Typical pnd stuff.

2 Likes