Silicon Valley revealed: the Pied Piper Platform is SAFEnet!

Just found this gem from @SwissPrivateBanker
Nice prediction. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Not completely on topic, but I find it funny, like the parts of Silicon Valley that I’ve seen. There is at least one Swiss banker who isn’t that crypto-minded, despite his name: Swiss Banker named ‘Hodler’ equates Bitcoin investing with gambling

4 Likes
27 Likes

Did you guys see this?

it’s an actual paper about “manipulating data” and “how much data you can manipulate at once”

2 Likes

I finally found the real Pied Piper. My heart is at peace. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The other SV consultants…the competition.

5,113,437 views compared with the 5,280 views that the Jan 17, 2018 Safe Network video got.

3 Likes

Ah yes, Blockstack… I have to say that of all the competitors to the SAFEnetwork, this is the only one that concerns me. I happen to know the founder of one of the hedge funds that’s backing them quite well. Deep pockets, a lot of influence, an incredibly strategic mind, and undeterrable will.

2 Likes

Blockstack: Security and reliability upgrade to the traditional internet.

Interesting… but, although they may bring security by encryption, users must bring centralised servers to the system. So it could be that no-one else can read your data, but your data is stored centrally so you will still rely on traditional back up methods at data centers which leaves the possibility that you won’t read your own data also.

5 Likes

That’s a bit depressing, but I am glad the maidsafe team have an emphasis on marketing now.

3 Likes

The head guy at blockstack did a pretty cool TEDx talk, and I think once the dust settles here a bit, that that would be a great thing for either David or Nick to do.

10 Likes