Should content be subsidized by the SAFE Network?

Yet this would be negated if the cost to trigger a reward was as high or higher than the reward itself. This is why I am working on detailing out the proposal to reward APPs based on the amount of PUTs that it generates on the behalf of it’s users. (to be doled out in a lottery-type system similar to farming attempts)

As well, the reward given to the APP by the network can - if the APP devs so choose - be given to or split with the content creators who create content that the APP can utilize. The APP alone then is able to make the decision of how to dispense the reward to the content creators, and how to dispense the reward to the APP developers.

This is no different than the business model that @we_advance proposes with Network99 - sharing APP rewards with content creators that is. Now with this system, the rewards from the network are only based on that APP’s ability to contribute to the direct economic advancement of the network itself.

And as for why traditional business models aren’t good enough - they very well may be, and can indeed be implemented by any given APP. The rewards coming from the network alone will amount to less than other methods of generating revenue. In fact, I see the rewards primarily functioning as a buffer for all of the PUTting that the developers would necessarily do in order to coordinate development, provide support and maintenance, and release new versions onto the network.

The rest, the profit, can be used however they deem necessary, although I have a feeling that if content creators find an APP that can reward them (even if only in the most minuscule amount) they will use that over a similarly functioning APP that would not reward them whatsoever.

I am in agreement with the point of view that doesn’t see the network rewards to be relied upon as a way to provide a means of living to either APP developers or content creators. (actually, farmers too come to think about it) I view the reward system (however it may ultimately be implemented) as a way to promote the overall health of the network, as well as a way to encourage the growth of the experience to be had when using the SAFE Network.