Share, discuss interesting computer hardware

Home experiments in particle physics :wink:

1 Like

Up to 2,000MB/s Read, 2000MB/s Write

2 Likes

Nice! Make sure if you get a USB Gen 3.2 capable drive that your USB 3 port is also Gen 3.2 … or you probably won’t get the performance you are hoping for.

2 Likes

Did you guys know that Raspberry Pi 4 & 400 can boot directly from an SSD (connected via USB3)? The performance is so much better than with a uSD card!

6 Likes

OpenWRT mini router. Raspberry Pi Compute module 4 case with dual gigabit ethernet.

4 Likes

Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W: We have a new Pi!

Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W review, including hardware specification and comparative performance tests.

Looks like it may be powerful enough for a Safe Farm – and much more affordable than normal Rasp. Pi’s.

6 Likes

Power supply 5v 2.5A so ~5 to 10 Watts.

1 Like

I still wonder whether the network is more efficient incentivizing larger nodes or running 10 SSDs and 10 pi w’s would make it more optimal. Is the current idea to base returns on data throughput? Then it’s better to run a single node capable of uploading in the gb/s range indefinitely, the pi’s I have tend to heat up.

7 Likes

wow! Nice.

2 Likes

I was eyeing those up, they do look fun.

1 Like

Second that I want one but what is it for?

4 Likes

:joy:

5 Likes

lol … my guess is that it would be a cheap server for intermittent heavy processing. E.g. a personal video transcoder/editor.

I considered them when I was looking for cheap plotters for chia, but ended up building a new PC, my old ltc mining boxes weren’t really up to the task, or not with enough haste.

2 Likes

Not hardware, but pretty cool Pi OS imager tool and many posts on Pi’s here, so …

Super easy Multi boot. Setup a Raspberry Pi with almost any device. Pinn Website.

2 Likes

This is pretty incredible, skeptical that it’ll be a commercial product for a long while yet … but wow, it’d be a major game changer for many reasons:

7 Likes

New Pinephone (linux-based phone) coming out … looks decent.

6 Likes

Coolness. I like where things are going here.

8 Likes

Analog computing may be making a comeback - especially for AI applications.

History and possibilities:

More details on current analog computing development:

2 Likes