Seriously, even paying $1 MILLION USD to get listed on big exchanges is WELL WORTH the money!

Create true SAFE Exchange eventually on SAFENet, and we’ll BE the exchange to get on :wink: .

10 Likes

It is certain that there would be a dilution, breaking the trust of all holders. It is only speculation that there will be a net positive effect.

Poloniex must be loving it that maidsafecoin is getting lots of attention and volume. Good tokens shouldn’t need to pay to be listed; exchanges should be competing to offer it - they are making a commission after all!

12 Likes

It all depends how you communicate this. If it is done in consensus with the community I dont’s see why. Trust is broken by unpleasant surprises. And in this case you get directly some ‘value’ back as holder,

No one will argue that, but it’s not the world we are living in at the momet

Another good thing about getting listed through ICO is that you create immediate liquididy on that new market. Maidsafe can sell (part of) the new coins there at the discounted price. This attracts more people, and the fire will keep burning.
If you just move to another exchange, we need to bring those coins ourselves. I dont’t know about you, but it won’t be me who is going to sell there. So you might have a very slow start on that exchange with low volume, maybe it never ignites at all.

This community represents a small slice of holders. It will not be full consensus with all holders. I would vote against this too, btw.

Exchanges are milking the market for all its worth. If a team has sufficient funding and is delivering, the good and honest exchanges will come by themselves. They get good fees anyway and don’t need permission to list maidsafecoin.

Maidsafecoin is hot property on poloniex atm. I am sure many exchanges could make a lot of money in fees by listing.

6 Likes

Bingo!

If this thread wants to keep pushing the issue about listings, IMO this is probably the biggest issue with regard to MAID not being an a variety of equal size exchanges. Seems like all the other exchanges just follow their (polo’s) lead and there is not enough healthy competition. In other words the centralized exchanges are too centralized. There is no solution to this in the short term (SAFE is the solution). Team MaidSafe’s decision to ignore all this static/ distraction and focus on getting to launch with the resources they have is a wise and prudent one.

9 Likes

I don’t think we need a new exchange for the sake of exposure per se but our current options just to buy coins are miserable and we need at least one additional option that is trustworthy and efficient because honestly polinex and others just suck, are slow and we need to do better.

5 Likes

We need to have something decentralized. OpenLedger is the only one I see right now. But nobody trades on it so there is no liquidity.

Absolutely. Polo been the only half decent place, the only place really without been ripped off is quite desperate for a coin such as maid. Fingers crossed more exchanges are in the pipeline.

3 Likes