Seriously, even paying $1 MILLION USD to get listed on big exchanges is WELL WORTH the money!

OK, where is this money coming from?

If it comes from MAIDSAFE, then they can’t hire as many devs and marketing employees. Then it would take longer to get a product out. That would send the wrong message, that MAIDSAFE is interested in the current value of the coin and not in creating a fantastic product.
If it comes from some kind of fundraising, then I am all for it, as long as I don’t have to contribute anything. How do we know these exchanges have integrity? They come and go like trains at the station. They can fold up anytime, the govt can shut them down, or they can be hacked. There must be an easier way to make money. My idea of an honest exchange with integrity does not include exchanges that charge mammoth size fees to list coins.
It seems like with that much money, we could create our own exchange. Even this idea is very tough to implement though. I started a thread like that and I was talked out of it.

6 Likes

The team doesn’t even have to dive into the history of others if it only learned from its own one

I vividly remember the above rally from under 10k to about 16k Sat. that happened just before the Yuanbao listing.

Correlation, causation or random noise?

3 Likes

What do you think it’s the most probable? Please don’t waste anyone’s time. Those questions are not helpful. Please community, do everyone a favour and don’t give likes to comments like this.

Given that markets are essentially chaotic I’d go for random noise or correlation. The rest of your comment doesn’t make a lot of sense

1 Like

Yep, so is every other crypto price movements ever. Just so happens bitcoin reached ATH on date of the futures listing. Just so happens. Just so happens also many projects even recently, Manaco and Tron. As soon as I got the text notification of new listing from Bithumb, I see prices just for that particular project jump 50%+ gains, out of the other millions of crypto projects out there. Anyway no more of my time wasted in these senseless time wasting “debates”

OK, that’s interesting, and explains why the fee was no-brainerly cheap.

What exactly is the cost they’ve outlined? Can you please clarify? Because a million per month in liquidity doesn’t mean that you have to fork out a net of $1 Million/month. It can be from the liquidity used during the previous month, and reused next month with maybe a little bit more added. If it turns out the net cost is $1 million per month, for other project that have a higher double dipping percentage of tokens it’s a fair price to pay, but maybe not for this one, I’d agree on that.

But if the net cost is 1.2 million one off then additional $50-100k per month, it could still be well worth the money as you monetise the listing and make great gains. But of course, if it’s too much, such as a net cost of $1 million per month, for this project I think most people would think it’s not worth it.

1 Like

Bye then (20 characters)

2 Likes

Great. Also keep in mind I am not saying it’s not possible, I’m saying exchange listing causes price increase is simply more probable, just like bittrex.com delisting most probably caused a decrease in price when they announced it. You can say it’s possible that random noise caused every single price movement, but I think even you would think that’s probably(99.9%) just crap…

Maybe you need to put a little more trust in the business acumen of MaidSafe’s leadership team. Everything they do doesn’t have to be publicized, even to our trustworthy forum members. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or maybe they need a bit more transparency and not copy current centralised authorities who just says to people trust me, I’ll do a good job, which they don’t do btw, which is good, but that’s a terrible argument.

Refusing a no brainer deal giving as much details as we’ve weighted it against 2-3 months of development cost and deemed it not worthwhile isn’t the type of behaviour you should defend against.

1 Like

$maid was over a buck a piece recently without Binance. This would be an absolute waste of money. Despite claiming to be “well funded” to accomplish the goal, they raised less than 2 mil on Bnk to the future, and 1 million while the price of mastercoin pumped/dumped on low liquidity and high interest for the initial crowdsale. Offices and people arent cheap. 3 mil doesnt go very far in business. I have no clue what the burn rate is but Id rather that the team has as much padding as possible. Maybe some developers would get interested if it was on Binance, id rather have those people on board naturally after launch than see maidsafe become bankrupt with some unknown months left to a viable product.
All we have now is the omni token and unfinished code, there is no reason put the cart before the horse.
Think about it this way
scenario:
you bought ethereum in the presale
ethereum has not launched yet
you want Vitalik to spend $200k to list presale trading for ethereum
he would laugh in your face.

There will be all the time in the world to get on exchanges larger than poloniex for free after mainnet launch.

There will be all the time in the world to build your own exchanges after mainnet launch.

We just need to get to that point.

2 Likes

Sigh, if their alpha is out with launch date unforeseen for potentially a long time, and with the current market conditions, I’m fairly certain he’ll do that without anyone else telling him to. But who knows maybe he won’t. I mean, You can ask him if you really want to find out. But either way man, look, I really don’t have time for these “debates” as I mentioned. I have my studies to focus on and I slept very late last night as well because of the conversations in the forums. So I’ll leave it up to the team and community now. Next time I’m back I’ll be first complimenting the team for what they did well most likely. And hopefully I’ll find many more things to compliment as well. Adios everyone.

1 Like

alright, get some rest, dont worry maidsafe will get there.

1 Like

A marketing/coin price strategy would give the team money beyond expectation to carry out this project easily ( if things go right ), 90¨% of the people involved in the cryptocurrency space are here for a quick buck, so when they see it rising they will try and take their share…,so if the project is a killer one then that will happen anyway… sooner or later! The question is what should the focus be right now… As I see it , it is just a matter of deciding which way to choose and Dirvine is choosing the tech aspect first, rather then the financial one. The two aspects for me is what I want, a decentralized internet and getting rich wouldnt be bad at all, hehehe !

There are an incredible amount of intelligent and skilled people on this forum whose talents cover many relevant industries.

Reading the above comments I think a lot of the conflicts in this topic come about from pretty much all of us (myself included) not fully understanding the broad reaching impact this project will have and the fact that it is antecedent and there is absolutely no guide or frame of reference for how most effectively to deliver it.

The majority of us have been in our own environments whether that’s software, crypto or business and whether we consciously admit it, tend to let those experiences creep over into how we view the world around us including how we choose to judge a companies actions whilst we are in effect standing on the outside of the building looking in through the glass.

The considerations that need to go into planning this network and how to effectively seed it takes a skill set and experience level far beyond most people and takes a significant amount of one’s life to gain that ability. Even then most still won’t.

You can admire the young men/women that have succeeded in crypto and use that as a reference but not many of them are ideologically aligned to ignore the distractions and temptations of an industry (crypto) that started off with the best intentions but in many respects has lost its way.

This project and the ideas behind it will likely continue to change the world long after many of us have left it, its far too important to pivot away from what will make it so special.

That does fly in the face of both traditional and contemporary business thinking but it’s a risk that 100% needs to be taken, forces far more powerful than that will face the network.

The only way to overcome those future roadblocks is to be aligned with ‘doing good’ and not compromising on that. Folks like Google tried to do this and failed miserably because their leadership across a generation didn’t have or promote the value of this skill/mindset .

David and his team despite almost 4 years of torture through their actions and beliefs have set this project up for a trajectory beyond most people’s imagination. Few men/women would have been able to make it this far.

If this closed sourced solution is a go-er the pivot from the Company is coming relatively shortly and once we see this (the detail of the remaining tasks becoming clearer) so much angst is going to be removed.

The added benefit of the remainder of this year passing as the network moves through the later Alphas is that we’re going to get a pretty good snapshot of the regulatory landscape we’ll face come conversion time. Maidsafe will be carefully monitoring that and planning their moves around that (partnerships, exchanges etc).

All I need to hear as a token/equity holder moving forward is that they can make launch and tbh they can then market it how they choose.

Other people prefer to look at current facts/truths and see the benefits in similar actions and that makes some sense but just remember it took an incredible imagination and vision to dream this network up and then be on the cusp of bringing it to life. It will take a similar visionary approach to make this thing achieve its aims despite many around it in the beginning wanting to tear it down.

It’s David’s (and his teams) vision, let them finish their journey and whilst it’s important to question it’s probably even more important to trust, its leaves us open to failure yes but it is also the only ‘real’ road to success in this case.

Apologies that was a bit long. Been a good read this morning appreciate everyones discussions.

9 Likes

We are still going at this :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

blah blah blah change the name, blah blah blah ECR20, blah blah blah exchanges, walls of text

Sorry but the bludgeoning technique doesn’t work on here, true supporters care about the Devs and freedom not ‘investors’ and some false connection between project success and the intermediate token

Try being positive about a great Devcon event…possible?

10 Likes

I do feel the investors are a key component to the equation. After all it is a project that is crowd and ICO funded. The availability of funds is very dependent on the investors.

I am an investor. Yes i like the vision. Yes i believe in what the team is doing. Yes i would like to make money. Yes i have tried to spread the word. Yes i would love to meet David and Nick and gang someday too. Yes to many more things happening in this space.

No i do not contribute to the technical architecture of the project. That is about it. Does not make those who do anymore important IMO.

1 Like

That is understandable, but right now the team feels getting a bit ahead of the curve on the Network issues is more important then a temporary price gain on a temporary coin.

I also don’t see that they need to let us in on all of their money concerns, like a company with Shareholders would. Other cryptos may do this and some may not.

1 Like