Self-Auth, Rest-API, Vaults etc now Functional against actual network!

I played today with the tutorials we’ve been having on forum and I want to let you guys know the results. Maybe there will be more people like me that want to re-do the examples just to get a little bit of insight before launch :
1.Self_encryption --encrypted and de-crypted a music file without problems
2.CRUST --managed to create a peer and ran the simple receiver and sender example
3.Routing – tried it and created a couple of terminals which communicated among them but the “get” command didn’t seem to work. It didn’t show the value of the key as expected. I’ve also noticed that the name of the compiled .rs file was not “routing” no more but “simple_key_value_store”.
4.Self-Auth,REST-API, Vaults --awesomest thing ran without a hitch :smile:

My setup (preformatted text is CLI commands -starting after “$”):

• VMware Player
  • Ubuntu 15.04 64-bit
  • Rust nightly v1.3.0 as of today:
    $ curl -sSf https://static.rust-lang.org/rustup.sh | sh -s -- --channel=nightly
  • gcc : $ sudo apt-get install gcc
  • Libsodium : Download the archive first then run commands while in your Downloads dir:
    $ tar xzf libsodium-1.0.3.tar.gz
    cd libsodium-1.0.3/ ./configure
    make make check
    sudo make install sudo ldconfig
    $ ./configure

One question I have now, does it help to learn RUST?
I don’t want to become a core developer but I am thinking about creating apps.

[EDIT:] 2nd question:
I just created an account and a container with a couple of blobs all this while having 3 terminals running vaults and 1 the maidsafe_client. I ended the maidsafe_client terminal with CTRL+Z and closed it then reopened a new terminal where I restarted a maidsafe_client. IN all this time the vaults have not been touched.I was expecting that once I enter the credentials of my pre-created account,after it logs in, to get the container with my blobs but that was not the case.It was as if once I closed the first maidsafe_client terminal ,the data has been lost. Should it?

4 Likes