SatoshiLabs Launches TREZOR Password Manager: The Ultimately Secure “No Master Password” Cloud Solution

SatoshiLabs Launches TREZOR Password Manager: The Ultimately Secure “No Master Password” Cloud Solution

TREZOR Password Manager brings advanced cryptography into the hands of computer users regardless of their skill level. With a simple button click, the user encrypts each password entry with his personal TREZOR device. The Password Manager then automatically uploads the encrypted data to user’s private cloud storage, making them always available when needed.

I know too little about this but have a memory of being rather impressed with one of the techs talking over the intent for it.

Unclear to me if the tech is open source or at least third party audited but it looks interesting.

2 Likes

It’s open source

3 Likes

oh nice, I was actually trying to figure out how that works with my Trezor, but am now almost ready to just smash the device with a hammer :stuck_out_tongue:

It doesn’t give me control of my keys. It lets you back up the mnemonic phrase but I can’t use that with any tool successfully to get my m/49/0/0/4’ etc keys, or any specific one like that, that will work in bitaddress.org or any other regular BTC wallet.

Trezor just forces you to use addresses it generates from m/49/0/0/0’ etc, but gives no option for backing them up and accessing those backups outside of the trezor system later on.

Idk, trezor sucks :stuck_out_tongue: not secure enough. Don’t want to rely on a single system. It’s not passing my own security audits :anger: opting-out. But thanks for the library! Essential

This is the fundamental security feature of a hardware wallet. This type of devices only signs transactions and doesn’t allow access of private keys in any way.

Yes, you can, by re-entering your 24 words mnemonic and possibly your passphrase in a software wallet or in the web page linked by @mav. But then you have lost the security provided by the hardware wallet and you should move your funds to new secure addresses.

There are many wallets that are compatible with Trezor recovery seeds.

2 Likes

The issue I kept running into was creating an address in Trezor, at like m/49/0/0/4’ etc, and then when I import it into literally anywhere else, it doesn’t know of that address, and can’t see or use the money there.

Which makes sense, it’s not like a new wallet would be able to monitor every single possible address created from a given seed, so I can’t blame it for that. But I just haven’t found any tool (besides another Trezor) that lets me access my funds from Trezor’s generated addresses like that.

And I never allow myself to rely on a single system. Need to be able to have other systems as plan B’s.

I just activated my Trezor and was thinking it would be a good idea to put my MAID in it but then I read your post. Are you still opted out? I also like the idea of a plan B.

1 Like