Satoshi Nakamoto unmasked (again)

May I add another prime suspect to the list? I just find it highly suspicious that “Satoshi Nakamoto” contains not just one, but 2 letters that also occur in “David Irvine” - almost a perfect anagram…coincidence? :smiley:

6 Likes

I never really did care who Nakamoto was, I think its the sense of mystery that makes it fun to be apart of the bitcoin community. Satoshi is like a wizard who vanished years ago, one that we should not look for (like the wizard of Oz, he loses his magic when you figure out who he is).

4 Likes

So would the creator of bitcoin only work in private sector? Why not other more challenging research projects??

Universities are in the top 10.

The sense of mystery is what initially got me over my skeptical hurdles and got me to learn more about bitcoin. With such a large amount of bitcoin, it makes sense satoshi would want to remain hidden. I don’t expect anyone to be owning up to being satashi nakamoto as i believe it was a group effort. However the fact that this random guy has suddenly appeared that no one on the bitcoin scene has heard of before, turns out to be filthy rich and has privately developed the most powerful private supercomputer in the world being used for bitcoin. I don’t know about you guys but for me this is exciting news. I thought only super computers of the future would be used by governments to try to attack bitcoin. From the bitcoin conference video, Dr wright seems like he could be developing his supercomputer to prevent these potential attacks from happening.

with bitcoin being a Pseudomonas network, to ensure the computer is only used to protect bitcoin rather than attack, I would use a super computer developed privately. Especially considering it’s being developed to support such a controversial and disruptive project, then yes i would say it would have to be.

Im not saying the creator of bitcoin would only work in the private sector entirely, the point im trying to make is when developing a super computer to be used for what dr wright is using his for, the only way to do that would be to build it privately. Any university would love to claim bitcoin as their own but i have never heard of any university using their super computers specifically for bitcoin.

Also dr wright has worked for the public sector on research not relating to bitcoin.

You conflated things. bitcoin was created BEFORE the claimed supercomputer being created after 2010.

So the university comment was about that and the supercomputer claim had NO relation to bitcoin creation apart from the person Dr Wright.

There is no connection apart from the creator could have done something and Dr Wright has done something.

His computer Tulip Trading | TOP500 #50547 as mentioned in the video.

Location Sydney Australia according to the top500 site.

The supercomputing connection to the bitcoin creator is only a straw from 1000’s of other things the creator could have done that is just as rewarding or more so. Yes it might be possible, but nothing to support it.

I agree there will never be anything to support this and i am sure dr wright will deny being satoshi in the next few days. However, if you were satoshi, what would be more important to you than working on bitcoin? Its the most disruptive financial network that is with no shadow of doubt going to be attacked by governments once the banks have implemented their own blockchain tech. Do you think satoshi thought it was wise to move his focus onto protecting his invention rather than developing it. If you were him would you not want to privately build a super computer to protect your valuable invention from banks and governments wishing to attack it with their super computer. It’s definitely feasible to say dr wright as it stands is the most likely suspect put forward so far. So to dismiss him as not being involved when he has more interest in bitcoin than all of us put together would be careless. The fact that he is rich enough not be tempted in cashing in a part of his hundreds of millions of dollars worth of bitcoin, only a select few people could do what satoshi has done.

Your belief will blind you to why your logic is very much lacking.

His interview/contributions to the convention did not suggest he was or could be the creator of bitcoin. He showed no “inside” knowledge of the creation, but did show a lot of characteristics of a researcher who has researched bitcoin. There was no hinting at being the creator or having “inside” knowledge.

Anyhow good luck with your belief, but I’d advise you not to risk anything on your belief. Its a one in a million shot, based on the provided “evidence” which is pure speculation and lacking any facts.

2 Likes

please elaborate

i never suggested he suggested anything. I wouldn’t expect anyone involved in creation of bitcoin to publicly show “inside knowledge” of the creation.

My belief will remain so until someone provides a more likely suspect, this is regardless of my luck. My Facts are simply for a low profile guy to go design and build the most powerful private super computer in the world dedicated for bitcoin in secret is not easy by any means. The fact its currently ranked 17th and the only one privately held in the top 100 for me is sign that dr wright potentially had the ability to obtain some sort of influence or involvement with a research group that invented bitcoin. I agree its speculation for sure but if you think thats one in a million shot then your entitled to that opinion. I just see more sense in it than you do.

The only thing i possibly could risk on this belief is my perfect track record of being right all the time :smile: . Which i openly admit I could be totally wrong. My facts loosely tie things into place however I admit they are far away from being evidence. I don’t think there will ever be any conclusive evidence of who was involved in the creation of bitcoin. All i can say is i think it was a small carefully selected group of people and Dr wright was more than likly one of them. As you’ve probably gathered by now, I like to speculate hence my involvement in crypto currency trading.

All of the evidence cited in the article came with the caveat “These where modified – It is possible that they where planted by Dr. Wright to make himself look like Satoshi”

And then today we see that the PGP key where most likely generated way after the fact as well.

I suspect that Dr Wright has some tax problems, and he will be better equipped to fight the case as a public figure., which he suddenly and conveniently is now…

Crytpoanarchists certainly make for interesting storylines though… This story is getting as crazy as the silk road DEA fiasco…

4 Likes

It will be interesting to find out what the police have to say in regards to the raid. Its also intresting that he decided to delete his twitter account. Here are his recovered latest tweets,

According to Wright, Satoshi intended the transaction opcodes to manipulate 2 different stacks: the Data stack (which is implemented in the current Bitcoin Virtual Machine) and the Return stack, which is manipulated on function calls and returns.

Whenever a function call is encountered, according to this proposal, execution is halted and a new transaction is created starting with a saved image of the previous 2 stacks and with the transaction value and fee taken from the previous transaction’s value.

We are yet to know weather this is possible, time will tell weather dr wright was right lol. If he is then this shows he knows more regarding the creation of bitcoin than anyone else ive come across in the bitcoin space.

More thoughts against: http://fusion.net/story/243056/alleged-bitcoin-creator-craig-wright/

And what in there actually suggests he is any more than a knowledgeable person?

Satroonshi Nakamoto? That would’ve been the smoking gun :yum:.

1 Like

See me earlier post on transactional op codes. And the fact he has the most powerful private super computer in the world maybe?