SAFEspace browser

Yes for sure, this is the whole premise of the network part really. This is why I tried for a while to say think cassandra or hadoop, but secure and fully scalable. It will be just amazing when we show some apps, testnet2 should have been up by now, when it does then the code sprints there will really start to show this functionality. It should make a lot more sense then for sure. I think that is when MaidSafe starts to become less important and all other devs really start to innovate, that is what I am desperate to get to.

6 Likes

Some little impression how a browser might work according to Ethereum

1 Like

I really like that video. I watched the presentation at that time. It looks good, really think these people have some good ideas about how Apps, Dapps en things like that should work on P2P.

What I love most, is that the underlying infrastructure is high-tech. While the dapp are super simple and can be used by the average person on the internet. Good approach. Although I wonder if all this decentralize app talk is safe in the sense of it being encrypted and how? That something is distributed/decentralized doesn’t mean it’s encrypted.

2 Likes

I asked about that in Reddit. All connections between Ethereum users are encrypted. So your ISP, or the NSA can’t see what you doing from outside of Ethereum. Maybe some ISP’s will use deep packet inspection and see you are using Ethereum due to some protocol handshake or something. Ethereum will use a blockchain with new blocks every 12 to 15 seconds. If they have some sort of Facebook like interface anybody looking at the blockchain will see what contracts or coins you have. Maidsafe doesn’t use a blockchain and Safecoin transactions are really anonymous.
Ethereum folks are working an a dropbox-storagelike system as well. But I don’t know how anonymous that will be. Not the Maidsafe level safety I guess.

2 Likes

Safecoin transactions are anonymous and instant.

The only way that they could patch up their potential doublespend problem is with something like Zipconf, which is actually not available. Blockchainbloat could be solved with the mini-blockchain approach of Cryptonite. But who is concerned about Storage nowadays. Safecoin could also be more useful for HFT, if you could lock other assets in it, it could become even more valuable.

2 Likes

We are not building a better way to go to facebook.

So true!!!

3 Likes