SAFEr Browser(s) Proposal

Sure, the point I’m making is that regardless of the currency you choose you cannot remove the fluctuation risk, the dollar rate is only fixed at that specific point in time. If you fix that $value at the start of the project and MAID experiences a significant increase in value during development by the time the developer exchanges his MAID he/she will get significantly more. The reverse is also true.

You’re right about this of course :slight_smile: Although I guess that @joshuef got the 65,000 MAID number by dividing the needed amount of USD through the MAID value at that moment.

The moment @joshuef posted his proposal, 65,000 MAID was around $4745. 65,000 MAID right now would be around $6500, so there’s quite a big gap.

I also don’t know how to solve this because it can go both ways, he ends up with less than he needed or more :slight_smile: Maybe it’s just something the members who propose something need to keep in mind when posting their proposal.

Solved my own case here, thanks @nicklambert :smile:

3 Likes

Looking forwards to the SAFE Network having its own browser, sent 1000 MAID.

7 Likes

It would be awesome to see virtual file system integrated with the browser.

@nicklambert I imagine each core feature like this SAFE Browser will likely only be 3-6 weeks to complete and the value of MAID will likely go up since intrinsic value is being added; kind of like a bonus for the developer.

If there is much concern for MAID volatility then we could always make the MAID address a shape shift into a vaultoro gold. That way the value put in is relatively ensured to be the same when it is paid to the developer when their sponsored project is complete.

@whiteoutmashups I wasn’t directly referring to you. Although whether it is a share/token/coin/etc it can be traded, which means speculation can occur.

Even if you donate in USD @joshuef could just use the USD to purchase MSC on the market. It really doesn’t matter what we pay him in as long as the man gets paid to provide a well needed service to the community.

Donation sent. There’s now a total of 30 000 MAID donated

3 Likes

I will be donating 10K MSC soon :smile:

Edit: Why is the donation address not posted in the first post by @joshuef at the top of this topic?

7 Likes

I’m updating the OP now after the QA today with some changes to stretch goals and some refinements to the initial development goals too. So I’ll squeeze it in there soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So the OP has been updated after the QnA today. Was really interesting to talk to the team and some great ideas abounded. I am excited to get cracking with this!

The major updates to the OP are summarized here:

Updates include:

• Aiming for .safenet address parsing to establish cross browser implementations and ease of use for end users (as opposed to safe:, which while preferable, will cause implementation inconsistencies. .safenet will initially be more reliable across all browser implementations and make SAFE adoption that much more seamless).
  • Addition of continuous integration and app packaging to basic development goals.
  • Removal of anonymous launcher integration stretch goal. The launcher will remain separate.
  • Addition of browser data stretch goal to integrate browser data sync to the network, instead of any data storage on a local device (ie: history/favourites/a ‘cookie’ system etc).

You can donate to the dev fund here:

Thanks for all the support so far!

5 Likes

We don’t really have to play with fluctuation, because for future stuff we could use Tether USD.

1 coin = 1 dollar

Now there is also Tether Euro
https://btcmanager.com/news/tether-inc-launches-euro-token-eurt/

1 coin = 1 euro

Whaaa… safe: was the whole reason I was excited for your browser,

Can this be fixed? Will it be fixed down the line?

EDIT: Also…

ouch! tearing my little heart out!!

The two things SAFE needs…Please tell me that both of these (safe: & integrated launcher) aren’t being abandoned permanently…

All the features that made me support this project… Vanishing in an instant…

6 Likes

Agreed, we were promised SAFE: not .safenet

1 Like

almost want my MAID back :stuck_out_tongue:

but I won’t ask for that… I knew the risks

I fear like you that if we do not take this opportunity now, we will never do.

I understand that installing an additional browser can be viewed as a hurdle for adoption, but is it not much simpler than having to set the .pac file ?

Even among this forum, supposedly more tech-savvy than the general public, the amount of posts to explain how to set the proxy correctly is already very high. To me it seems much more complex than just installing a new browser.

We will have to check the Q&A video to see the other arguments in favor of .safenet.

4 Likes

This was bold in the OP, and was arguably the largest marketing point used fore this SAFEr project, to get donations from us…

I’d at least like to hear much mire about this, before final decision is made

1 Like

Extremely extremely powerful point here. ^^

I’d really like to hear more about this decision

Can’t agree more, excellent point!

1 Like

I remember when .safenet was introduced. They said it would be temporary. If we do not stop It, it will become a permanent fixture.

We need to draw a line in the sand today. SAFE: is the way the forward.

2 Likes

I really wish we could use safe:
I think it represents how different this network is.
It’s disappointing this has been abandoned after being in the proposal I donated to.
:expressionless:

3 Likes