SAFEr Browser(s) Proposal

Something like a App store would be awesome, also if its possible to be added to the browser with icons on a main page for fast app starting.

4 Likes

Yes, this would be cool: Start SAFE Beaker Browser > see a list of 15 or so App > be able to add more.

With the chrome app they even allowed an App to just point to a website. This could be handy as well. You have a list of Apps on your opening view and next to that icons that link directly to your favorite websites.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a designer guy but tried some stuff with GIMP. Got some help from a machine learning website that did the logoā€™s. Itā€™s quite cool, type in a name and choose a logo :upside_down:.

5 Likes

Super cool technology!!

1 Like

How do you clear the cache on the SAFE Beaker Browser?

Nope. Chrome apps were pretty successful for a little while, and the concept was since ported to Chrome OS. The Chrome apps were there to fill a gap, but since webapps can now me made in a cross-browser fashion, they are discontinuing the service in favor of cross-browser NW.js for webapps and cross-platform Electron (which btw shares their codebase with Chrome) for apps.

2 Likes

Love the browser!!

Using it every day. It has come so far :smiley:

2 Likes

Can someone show some screenshotā€™s i cant try it out right now but i would love to see it.

This is very unknown in the maidsafe space, I bought some just because they support maidsafeā€¦

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and really identifying an important element that naturally bonds people who value openness freedom and choice.

This is nicely timed and I am going to make a post that further elaborates where I would like to push further.

Thanks again.

Please follow a new thread I just created here: No matter what your belief is on the Value of DASH -- There is an important lesson we can learn